Chances Please

<p>Caucasian Top 50 Public school nationally in NY
3.35 UW GPA Upward Trend 3.17 freshman, 3.33 soph, 3.6 Jr.
3.53 W GPA (School only adds +.3 to honors and AP same to both)
30 ACT
2050 SAT
6 AP'S in total, with 4's and 5's on each. (Euro, US, Comp, Economics, US GOV, Lit)
Class Doesn't rank
EC'S- Art Honors Society, FBLA, Finance-type club, Varsity tennis 3 years
Very Solid recs and essays, give them each an A-
Major- Either Bus. Admin or Radio & TV
Work Exp- Counselor at sleep away camp.</p>

<p>Can you break down your composites for the ACT and SAT into their individual components for us? How many students in your senior class? Do you have a rough idea (top 10% say) of where you stand in your class?</p>

<p>Math 660 CR 700 WR 690, Wouldn’t put myself in the Top 10 %. Very tough to judge, class of about 400.</p>

<p>I think acceptance is a lock given your 1360 SAT and 30 ACT. The AP scores are impressive too - not sure how much those factor into the financial aid decisions, but they will certainly allow you to graduate early as you’d be entering with enough credits to “skip” at least 1 semester in the 4 year stretch. As far as scholarships, I’d guess either 16k or 20k. I think the 24k and the Singer invites require higher SAT/ACT scores or a solid top ~3% class rank.</p>

<p>Are you retaking either SAT or ACT? Are you planning to apply EA?
Hope this helps…
~Zinc</p>

<p>Not retaking, I actually thought that my gpa would hinder acceptance or get me wait listed.</p>

<p>Again, just my opinion, but if I’m in an admissions officer’s seat, I’m looking more at the standardized SAT/ACT/AP scores as a measure of your potential than your GPA - for exactly the reason you mention above - some schools give very little weighting to AP and honors classes, some give more, so how can you compare students across schools with diverse practices?</p>

<p>Also, I’m applying ED.</p>