Chances to get admitted?

3.83/4 UW, 4.44/4 weighted GPA, 1500 SAT (710 reading/writing, 790 math), 16 AP classes, 1 college class, Seal of Biliteracy, NHS, NHS Science, Varsity track and XC, Mathletes (11,12) Science Olympiads (9/10), 70 plus volunteer hours, AP Scholar with Distinction, Club Soccer, Chem and Calculus tutor, part time job, National Hispanic Recognition Program.

Interested in Combined Bachelor in Engineering with Masters in Economics. I am out of state in New England at a public school.

1 Like

Yeah, you’ll definitely get accepted especially for engineering and economics. You are very competitive for an out of state student.

Look at the user-interactive Purdue Data Digest, here: https://www.purdue.edu/datadigest/ under “Applications, Admits, and Matriculations” and also under “New First-Time Beginner Profile”. There may be some useful information for you there that impacts your assessment of chances for admission.

Also, Sections C9-C11 of the Common Data Set for Purdue give information about test scores and GPA for matriculating undergraduate students at Purdue; again, it may give you some insights into your admissions chances (although engineering students at Purdue are probably going to have higher GPAs and test scores than many other freshman applicants there).

My son attended an Engineering virtual session last night- Purdue was one of the schools in attendance and the admissions person said to absolutely apply EA as “it’s nearly impossible to get into Engineering RD.” I’m guessing that was already your plan but was surprised at how declarative he was…

3 Likes

Yes, definitely applying EA. Going for tour next week!

2 Likes

I just looked at our high school Scattergram and 4 kids got in last year to Purdue with 22/23 on their ACT. Lots of higher scores but I was surprised about the number of low scores.

Low test score outliers on Scattergrams often reflect students who were admitted on athletic scholarships or (for those schools not offering athletic scholarships, such as D-III or Ivy League) were given some sort of preferred admission due to athletic prowess. At least, that’s the way it seemed to work out on our school’s Scattergrams.

2 Likes