Chances?

<p>Hey guys, was wondering if someone could chance me:</p>

<p>Unweighted GPA: 3.15
Weighted: 3.75
Taking IB History, IB Spanish, AP Biology, IB English, Honors Calc and Honors Health!</p>

<p>SAT: Reading:740
Math: 630
Writing: 660 (essay 10)</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Forgot to mention speaking Spanish and Hebrew fluently with decent Russian + having taken AP Gov, APUSH, and IB English I and IB History I</p>

<p>your SAT scores are good, but its hard to judge your academics. Your weightings look very high. Where did you go to school (state or country), what was your rank. At first glance I would call UW a reach. good luck</p>

<p>Your grades don’t look good, regardless of the course rigor. UW may wonder about your study habits and ability to handle their college rigor with those grades. Have a backup plan with thoughts of transfer after proving yourself. It would help to have 5’s on AP exams.</p>

<p>5s on 3 AP (US History, Government and Spanish) and i live in MD, ranking is 111th</p>

<p>and it is my reach school, just trying to see if I can get in :)</p>

<p>University of Maryland is in the same class of UW. My son was accepted, it was his second choice. Being from Maryland it should be easier to get in and cheaper.</p>

<p>I’ve applied, it would save a bucketload of money, and it doesn’t really matter where you attend undergrad, but I absolutely despise the DC area + College Park.</p>

<p>Four years of your life and ~150k is enough to say that it does in fact matter where you attend undergrad.</p>

<p>My comment sounded really pretentious and under-thought, I apologize. What I intended to say is that at most undergraduate institutions, you can receive a great education and purely thinking from that approach, it doesn’t matter all that much where you go for undergraduate. Thank you all for your time and wisdom.</p>