Chances..

<p>So is it fairly easy to get into U of A? I was considering ASU but U of A seems a tad bit better. Well I’m hoping they actually do consider each applicatin on all aspects instead of purely grades because I messed up a year of high school and my GPA is very low. </p>

<p>I have a GPA of 2.0. Old SAT score would be 1000 and total for the new SATs is 1650. My extracurricular and recommendations is what really sets me apart though. I work for the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston for two years now in the Visual/Media department and the Public and Community Affairs department. I have recommendations from a Senior Officer at the Federal Reserve, the head of the Visual/Media department and my current supervisor. I also have recommendations from my Business teacher and AP English teacher. Although I failed my sophomore year, I had a 3.3 GPA my freshmen and year and my last four marking terms I have had a 3.6 weighed GPA.</p>

<p>Currently I have a full tuition scholarship for any state schools in Massachusetts because of my MCAS scores–a testing requirement within Massachusetts. Do you think I will get in because I’m went to Arizona last year and I loved Tuscon and Tempe so I want to go to school there. Any help would be great… Thanks :-D</p>

<p>U of A gives you an opportunity to explain yourself and claims to do an complete review of applications. Have you applied yet? I would imagine that you will get if they indeed review everything. I would send a separate letter (assuming you apply online) letting them know your history and distinguishing factors so it would be reviewed along with your application. If you are applying to ASU, I would do the same. Good luck. My daughter goes to U of A and loves it.</p>