chances?

<p>i applied in early october and am still eagerly waiting...
i'm from a suburb of Philadelphia at a pretty well respected school.</p>

<p>unweighted GPA- about 3.2
weighted 3.81
my school does not provide rank
strong upward grade trend, (weighted GPA 3.2, 3.8, 4.4 respectively)
took all honors classes junior year, no APs. as a freshman and sophomore i took most honors but some standard.
ACT-30
SAT-1970
i am taking the maximum amount of classes this year with 3 APs(Physics, AB Calc and Stat) and 4 honors</p>

<p>i sent 3 recs, 2 of which were very strong</p>

<p>ECs-
I am a 3 year varsity football letterman and was captain of the team as a senior. I was also awarded team MVP as a junior and made an all-area team.<br>
I wrote what I thought was a pretty good essay about how I grew through football.</p>

<p>I also did some volunteer work over the last two summers.</p>

<p>will my upward grade pattern and leadership position take my overall low GPA to an admit?</p>

<p>thank you</p>

<p>P.S. I got deferred from Michigan</p>

<p>You are one of those people that is so on the borderline, that it's impossible to tell.
I think it's a "match" school, rather than a "Safety" or "Reach."
Good Luck!</p>

<p>Your test scores (both within range and above average) coupled with your upward trend and Philly OOS status should get you in. Nonetheless, chances are adcom wants to see this semester grade before handing you a thick envelope. </p>

<p>Plan to play football as a walk-in? Why UW?</p>

<p>nah, i don't want to play i'm not big enough for d1
i visited UW, loved it, and decided i didn't want to play football in college</p>

<p>um, chances r 60% admit, 35% postpone, 5% reject. UW GPA is a lil low, but upward trend should help</p>

<p>my sister is a junior at UW-Madison, will that help me at all?</p>