changing intended major on UW madison online app

<p>I have a really dumb question. I began filling out the online app about a month ago, and selected communications as my major. After thinking it over, I have decided I would like to apply for Political Science. </p>

<p>It seems to be nearly impossible to change my intended major in the online app. I have not submitted my application yet, and I would think that there should be some easy way to do this.</p>

<p>Please help!!!</p>

<p>It has no importance at all.</p>

<p>why isn’t it important? is there no way to fix it? i plan to call the office of admissions tommorow to clear this up but i am hoping that someone on CC can offer suggestions, too.</p>

<p>Because when you are admitted and go to SOAR you can change it to anything you want. It has no influence on admissions</p>

<p>You get admitted to the university as a whole, regardless of your intended major, or having no major. Putting down a major on your application helps UW assign an advisor for SOAR. You have chosen two majors in L&S so it doesn’t matter when advisors are assigned. Someone choosing between L&S and Engineering majors will want to clarify this next spring before signing up for SOAR. You do NOT apply for a major, only to the university. You can change your major at any time while you are a student (although changing it after a couple of years may require more time to finish). Needing to know your major only applies to grad school applications.</p>