changing majors

<p>I've been accepted to VT but now I've decided that i want to change my listed major from wildlife science to fisheries science, theyre both in the same program/college (college of natural resources) so would i be possible at this point?</p>

<p>It may be possible…I know people who have changed their majors after their acceptance, but I don’t know if it’s rare or not. If anything, you would have a pretty good chance since you’re staying within the same college. Call the admissions office and ask as soon as possible, that way you’ll be straightened out for orientation if you can change it.</p>

<p>Should be extremely easy. I doubt the freshman year courses differ at all, especially first semester. I don’t even think you need to go through admissions; it’ll probably be quicker to just get with someone in the college of natural resources and ask them what the protocol is for this.</p>

<p>It is super easy, as long as Fisheries Science isn’t restricted. I applied Chemistry, changed to General Engineering before being notified of acceptance, was placed in University Studies, and then asked if I wanted to be a Chemistry major instead of University Studies. You should have no problem at all, especially since you aren’t actually in any curriculum right now and you haven’t even registered for orientation in July yet. Contact Undergraduate Admissions at:
<a href=“mailto:admiss@vt.edu”>admiss@vt.edu</a>
and they should be able to switch you automatically.</p>

<p>If you have any further questions, feel free to send me a PM.</p>