Chemistry engineering?

<p>So, I am seriously considering to major in chem engineering, but I am worried about committment in physics.</p>

<p>I know that there are many branches of chem engineering, but how rigorous is physics course if I want to major in chem engineering? I satisfied Physics I with my AP credit(w/calc 1), and I have to to physics II for my Pre med track. Should I take more physics class?</p>

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>So, you’re interested in Chemical Engineering. </p>

<p>Do you have to take Physics with Calc? </p>

<p>Are you following the ChemE premed flowchart?
<a href=“http://che.eng.ua.edu/files/2013/09/Pre-Med-ChBE-Flow-Chart-2013.pdf”>http://che.eng.ua.edu/files/2013/09/Pre-Med-ChBE-Flow-Chart-2013.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>um my degreeworks shows that my Physics I(with Calc 1) has been satisfied by my AP credit. oh Jason talked about ChemE to me yesterday through email, and I JUST started to consider ChemE.
How can my change my major to ChemE?
My degreeworks says my major is Premed but i know that’s not technically true…</p>

<p>You need to go to MyBama. Academics Tab. scroll down left column (I think) and find the link to change your major to ChemE.</p>

<p>You need to do that so that you can get the extra 2500 per year for ChemE. </p>

<p>then will my pre med track worksheet disappear? How can I do ChemE-pre med track like the one you showed me?And is that money for research?</p>

<p>It may disappear, not sure. But you need to put engineering for that extra money. No, it isnt for research. It can be used for anything…room, board, books, fees, anything…</p>

<p>Put the change in now…then we will find out about pre med track worksheet. That is not important right now. </p>

<p>Is the money automatic??</p>

<p>Yes. Anyone who has the Presidential Scholarship and is an engineering or comp sci major gets the money as long as they select as a major before they start school…so change to chemE now. You can always tweak the engg discipline later if needed.</p>

<p>I applied for major change. Yey. Hope they let me change. It will help solve my dining plan because my exemption app was rejected…idk why :(</p>

<p>^^
Well, at first your mom was going to move here and you were going to live with her…so a waiver would have been given. but, now you are going to live in the dorms, so on what reason were you asking for a waiver?</p>

<p>simply money issue. I mean, for meal plan and dining dollar. </p>

<p>I dont think waivers are granted for that.</p>

<p>Oh well, bummer…i guess either I rely on my dad even more than I am doing, or hope for 2500.
Is 2500 for a semester?</p>

<p>No, that’s $2,500 per year.</p>

<p>Still good :slight_smile: Thanks @dodgersmom‌ and @mom2collegekids‌ </p>

<p>okay so pre med worksheet is gone,there is Professional Courses in Chemical Engineering in Degreeworks now. and my major now is ChemE(Woot woot) </p>

<p>But how do I find out if I got 2500?</p>

<p>They only give that extra $2500 to those with 30+ ACT, not to everyone. Main reason there aren’t many engineering students is that there aren’t many who want to study it, or can handle it. </p>

<p>So they ONLY look at ACT? I have ACT 30 and 1440Math+CR SAT.</p>

<p>Also need 3.5 GPA</p>

<p>They look at both SAT and ACT. You need a 32 ACT or a 1400 SAT (CR+M). </p>