Any pre-med chemical engineering students?

<p>My DD is a pre-med chemical engineering student beginning this Fall. Just wondering if there are any others on CC that are doing this track and are starting this Fall? My DD is rushing, as well.</p>

<p>A large % of the ChemE majors are premed. I think about half of the ChemE incoming frosh are premed. </p>

<p>Bama now has a ChemE Pre-med track.
<a href=“http://che.eng.ua.edu/files/2012/02/ChBE_FlowChart_Pre_Med_Option_3.pdf[/url]”>http://che.eng.ua.edu/files/2012/02/ChBE_FlowChart_Pre_Med_Option_3.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Pre-Med (Medical School, Dental, Optometry, Pharmacy)
The chemical engineering curriculum incorporates all of the required classes to enter medical school. Beyond the required courses, pre-med students must take BSC 115, BSC 116 and BSC 117. Additional advanced biology courses may help prpare students for the MCAT and the rigors of medical school, 3 hours of which may fit into the Advanced Science elective slot. Medical school applications require BSC 114, BSC 115, BSC 116 and BSC 117. The 5 hours of BSC 115-117 can count towards the 6 hours of approved electives, as long as 1 additional “bio-related” course hour is added. Students interested in Pre-Med should also visit UA’s Health Professionals Advising. If you have any questions about the pre-med chemical engineering program, contact Dr. Chris Brazel.</p>

<p>NOTE: AP credits can be used for many classes at UA and will count toward your bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering (although the grade will not be included in your UA GPA). However, for students planning to apply to a medical school, most medical schools require the following classes be taken on campus (not AP credit): two semesters of biology (plus labs); two semesters of chemistry (plus labs); eight hours of organic chemistry (including the lab). You can meet this requirement by taking the classes required in the ChBE curriculum, plus BSC 115, BSC 116 and BSC 117. An alternative would be to use AP credit for some of these, but take higher-level CH or BSC classes with labs to satisfy these requirements.</p>