Chicago Area UA Alum Summer Meeting with Speaker Greg McElroy

<p>On Saturday, June 22, the Chicago Area UA Alumni Association will hold their annual summer meeting at the [url=&lt;a href=“http://www.houndstoothsaloon.com/]HoundstoothSaloon[/url”&gt;http://www.houndstoothsaloon.com/]HoundstoothSaloon[/url</a>].</p>

<p>Greg McElroy will be the guest speaker. Time is yet to be determined, but the event will conclude by 6 p.m. Parents and students are invited to attend. They will be raffling off a pair of LSU tickets! </p>

<p>I will post the starting time once it’s announced.</p>

<p>Personally, I will be out of town and unable to attend but if you have interest, I encourage you to go. The alums are a very nice group and have a completely difference perspective and UA knowledge to share than the CC folks.</p>

<p>Also, for Chicago area (including you WI people close enough), we are in the planning stages of an unofficial get together for parents and students in July. I’ll post details once they are firmed up.</p>

<p>oohhh…I wish I lived near Chicago.</p>

<p>Thanks for posting class2012mom. If the date works out I may bring a group. There are ten or eleven incoming freshmen from my son’s school.</p>

<p>Boymomx3 - 10 or 11 incoming freshman? Out of how many? That’s a huge number.</p>

<p>Wow, that sounds awesome. Have a great time!</p>

<p>Wish I could go! We re 2.5 hours from Chicago, but DD and I have some grad parties to attend of good friends!</p>

<p>Thanks for posting, we will save that date and try to make it, also looking forward to the event in July :)</p>

<p>Event time is now scheduled. Saturday, June 22 from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.</p>

<p>I have verified with the alum president that even though the event is being held in a Chicago bar, minors are welcome since the event will conclude before 6:00.</p>

<p>Thanks for posting Class2012Mom! We may just arrange to visit my father in IL around then so that DD and I can attend.</p>

<p>Bumping this up, too.</p>

<p>Reminder - this is happening tomorrow. Go and have fun!</p>