Class of 2015: What computer are you getting?

<p>Im just curious as to what computer the freshmen class is getting. Also, feel free to mention your major as well.</p>

<p>I’m getting an HP dv6t Select Edition. I’m going to be a CS-Math double major, which means that I should have gotten a tablet PC, but I’m going the USB tablet route instead.</p>

<p>For the tablet PCs, I’ve been hearing pretty good things about the Lenovo tablets, and awful things about the Fujitsu tablets. So if anyone is still concerned about what tablet to get, get the Lenovo. I think it’s the cheapest brand too.</p>

<p>I just bought a 15" MacBook pro, mainly because it’s “virus free”, not because everyone gets it. Bio major and possibly business management minor.</p>

<p>yeah, i wanted to see if other engineering (engineer major myself) students are getting a tablet pc, or saying ‘screw the system’ and getting a normal pc with an external usb tablet</p>

<p>I went with the Lenovo x220 tablet (engineering major) because it’s honestly not a bad computer for the price if you are buying through VT. If you get a laptop through the bookstore and USB tablet, the prices come extremely close. Figured I might as well guarantee the extra support the school offers. Sure hope it wasn’t a mistake.</p>

<p>yeah, that looks like a good computer. but im still iffy with tablet pc’s. i think im going to stick to my instinct and go with an external usb plug in</p>

<p>We got the HP tablet (for engineering).</p>

<p>I got the HP Dv6t Quad edition. I’m in engineering but I just couldn’t see the incredibly price jump being worth it for a tablet so I’m just getting a usb one and my computer has better specs than the tablets</p>

<p>good to hear others are getting the usb tablet. im about to leave for orientation, imma try to talk to other eng students to see if they are doing the same.
the dv6t is great. but too big for my taste. im getting the dm4x.</p>

<p>My daughter (engineering) just picked up her Lenovo at orientation and has been messing around with it for the past few days. She loves it so far but obviously not using it for schoolwork yet. Likes the touch and feel of it as well as the size. Touch screen is easy to use.</p>

<p>good to hear. I also just got home from orientation, and i did talk to others who are doing the usb tablet option. i talked to this lady at the bookstore who said the tablets arent used after freshmen year</p>