Class of 2020 Appeals

I’ve noticed that no one has started a page for appeals for the U. of Wisconsin and thought this could be a place where people could post any information they have regarding appeals/updates!

I don’t think there’s much to appeals at any school. Most schools pretty much disregard appeals, unless it was clearly a mistake. Not much you can say that’ll change the mind of admissions counselors, and if there is it should have been said in the original application.

An appeal will trigger an audit of your application to ensure that the information is correct e. g. that someone else’s SAT scores were not attached to your file. The application will not be reevaluated.

"Appealing a Decision

Every application denied has already been through an extensive review. For an appeal to have merit, it must bring to light new compelling academic and/or personal information, as well as details pertaining to extenuating circumstances that were not addressed in the initial application. Essentially, the appeal must present information that clearly shows the student to be stronger than had been earlier evidenced."

@TomSrOfBoston maybe I’m misinterpreting, but it seems they do re-evaluate applications from what is stated here from the website. But still unlikely many appeals will be approved.

But if the appeal is simply “I should have been accepted” then it will not work.

@TomSrOfBoston Right

Well are there any stats about how often people get in off appeals etc.? Did anyone else appeal who applied for the class of 2020?

What are helicopterchild’s reasons for appealing? Did GPA and ACT increase?

Not an incredible increase in GPA, has extenuating circumstances @Madison85