Class of 2021 Frost School of Music Discussion

Who else is waiting on Frost?

My son is. You might look at the music major forum for people who are waiting on various musci schools.

There is a list of acceptances so far posted there.

Still waiting to hear, had the audition a month ago, at that time they said early to mid march

^^^ That is strange, because my audition @ Frost was in Jan., and they announced that after the final audio’s in February they would send all Frost students’ applications over to undergraduate admissions, and they would deliberate mid-mMarch, and decisions would come out towards the end of the month. I will expect a decision w/in the next week, or two. No need to stress. The decision will come. If I am fortunate enough to get in, I am concerned about housing. Do musicians all room together ? I will need to have my keyboard in my room, and would either like a single, or someone who doesn’t mind me playing a lot in my room. This may be difficult, as the singles may go to those who paid their housing deposit in Feb.

There are practice rooms with pianos in the residence halls.

I know that. I still would have my keyboard set up in my room that I would play everyday. My sister is a junior at the []_[]. I am very familiar with the freshman dorms, and how tight they are. …but thanks for the response.:slight_smile:

I am! I was actually told after my audition that I’d found out late February/early March, so I was so anxious earlier this month, clueless that it was coming out later LOL. I heard that they’re going to start to send out letters on the 21st!

Well if anyone hears, please post here or on music forum

@jungnny Does that mean they are available on the portal today or letters will be email or mailed?

From an admissions rep: “decisions will come out sometime this week”

I applied for a different major and I am getting a package in fedex…international shipping. I strongly think the decisions are coming this Thu or Fri. My portal do not have any update yet.

Frost is today.

How do you know this???

It’s not today, but it will be for some people. Decisions start today and end on the 25th. Some people will hear back today, others on Saturday, others any day in between.

@nicopoulosp1 Where did you here that? I was told everyone today, but perhaps you know something I don’t.

Well I guess they’re not today

So odd. Can’t imagine why two people at Frost said definitely today and then they didn’t.

I asked the cello professor when we had a Skype lesson and he told me

Is anyone else’s Canelink down right now?