Class of 2021 RD Discussion

I applied RD and my stats are top notch…If no scholarship here, I will either go to BU or UF(my top picks for now) where I got excellent scholarships…congrats to all who got admitted and received handsome aid packages…UM is a great school.

See my stats are mediocre, I’m just hoping I get accepted I could care less about aid.

My daughter received a detailed FA email that does break down the scholarship info. She didn’t even realize that RD decisions were out. But if you log-in to Cane Link, you can see copies of your decision letter and the FA breakdown under new communications.

so they are doing rolling?

@cbellamy1998 Ugh so true! I also got deferred EA and my stats are also mediocre lmao. I would literally pay extra to get in I love the U sm.

Daughter accepted to Frost tonight(hopefully CAM department) and just received email with financial aid info.However, the amount not covered by aid is unrealistically enormous. Does anyone know if scholarships will arrive later
in week or is this as good as it is gonna get? If it is the latter,daughter heartbroken cuz, despite being top choice,it is not in our cards:(

@indigo790 I don’t want to be the bearer of bad news, but S who got admitted to Frost (classical, not CAM) tonight had his scholarship money included in his financial aid summary, along with work study and loan amounts.

Obviously I’m just a mom, so I don’t know if that’s how it is for everyone, so I would probably call and find out if that’s the complete package for your D. I hope you get really good news.

I’m guessing they are rolling? I’m very confused, I seem like one of the only US RD applicants in this thread?

I am US ED deferred. I have not heard back, so I am guessing it is rolling. @jess

She did get she did get money called UM Coral grant. But that isn’t scholarship $,correct?

Accepted, International Student from English speaking Caribbean country.

It was kind of weird , I first received an email from FedEx this morning saying they have a package from UM. Then tonight I got a financial aid document and the portal did not say admitted until long after… hmm a friend of mine also applied and she hasn’t heard back. Weren’t we supposed to hear back “mid-April”? I’m not complianing though!

GO CANES!

@classof2017345 Omg same! I’m from Trinidad, which island are you from?

Wondering same thing.

@BassTheatreMom Did your s just receive admissions decision today?

@indigo790 yes, he was able to login to Canelink and see he was admitted in the early evening and then he got the financial email a couple hours after that.

waitlist, didn’t expect this at all.

@Zpower99 Judging by the number of people that got accepted but can not afford to attend(my daughter included!) something tells me you will be moving off that wait list quickly.

@BassTheatreMom Thanks so much for getting back to me. Wish your son the best of luck:)

Waitlisted. Anybody know the process of waitlist and my chances?

Accepted RD with a 14k scholarship!
CAS Political Science
1340 SAT
3.75 gpa UW
(idk weighted)
I attend a competitive public high school in NYC
Solid ECs (a lot of political involvement/non-profit work)
Solid Recs
White, middle-upper class.
Toured the school over the summer
Quite surprised I got in bc scores are not too hot