class of 2025 nursing

Update on my son! He applied to 5 DA Nursing Programs and has made his decision-

Pitt- Accepted
Case Western- Accepted
Miami- Accepted
University of Michigan- Accepted yesterday, thrilled, and put down his deposit!
University of Cincinnati- ? doesn’t come out until Feb. 5th

So grateful for this board. I must have read every thread relating to Nursing beginning last year and it was a lifesaver.

I wish everyone the best of luck!!! I know I will be researching again when he applies for his DNAP :smile:

5 Likes

Thank you! You are a wealth of amazing information

Congratulations to your son! Those are some impressive acceptances! You should be very proud!! We are still waiting on Cinci too (and Case, my D was deferred there).

I am very proud of him! Like all of our kids, he worked very hard. But I think his hospital work throughout high school and his EMT training helped him give him a hook.

I am declining his spot to Case and Cinci tomorrow. I think students will start making decisions soon so the DA spots will open. The very best to you!!

1 Like

Congratulations to your son and the proud family on is admission and enrollment to University of Michigan. Excellent school!

1 Like

Congratulations to your child and the proud family on so many choices.

Thanks so much for sharing these details. This is really helpful for us since my D will apply to DA Nursing next year!

1 Like

Congratulations to your D and the proud family.

2 Likes

Congrats to all so far. I do have high respect for the midwest Jesuits. Even with all the Covid issues, I feel the deans of the college of nursing there have been trying to be transparent with their staff and giving information.

Also as noted with the licensure, yes, California is one of the odd states that has different requirements and many of the colleges are recognizing this and adding this to their programs so that students dont have to worry.

If your child plans to live and work in a non compact nursing licensure state after graduation, they would have to review that states requirements. Living in the upper midwest, only WI is compact and the surroundings arent so my college is used to these types of concerns. Example, a student can take the NCLEX in WI, and then if they want to work in IL, they just have to apply for licensure in IL. They do not have to take any additional classes or tests, they just have to pay the licensure fee.

1 Like

Super helpful…thanks. Seems like forever away but good to know!

Awesome…congrats!!! And dear lord…the thought of doing this all over again is draining.

i applied to fullerton state for nursing too! hoping they ask for interview soon! if u remember can u let me know if/when you get an email asking to interview? thanks!

Yes, will definiteley post when and if my daughter gets an invite. Hope you will do the same. I too am hoping we see invites soon. Hopefully others will be posting as well. Good luck!

Anyone willing to share stats from those who were accepted into any Cal State school?

@Troy991 My daughter has only been accepted to CSUSB pre-nursing (not direct admit, plus our feeder schools, so was kind of expecting that one. Others applied:

CSUF- invited to interview
SDSU-pending
UCI- pending
UCLA-pending
CSUSM- Rejected for nursing, accepted undeclared.

GPA: 3.95 UW, 4.63 weighted (not sure about capped), 7 AP classes, 9 Honors, and several concurrent enrollment classes at our local CC. She played sports, and decent ECs. Really have no idea what to expect, since SAT was not an option. Do you mind sharing your stats. Exciting times and wishing everyone the best and good luck.

Yes, it is a waiting game. Her calculated GPA is 4.14 which seems to be capped because the one on her transcript is higher. When did you hear from CSUF about the interview?

She just heard this past Tuesday 2/9, email came at 11:55am. I saw on another post that someone received an invite at the exact same time, but it was in her spam box.

Thank you. No email for us so I guess another no from CA state school.

Update on D21

She has applied to DA:

SDSU
CSUSM -Accepted
CSUF - Denied
ASU Accepted (12k merit)
UT Austin - Denied
UH Manoa (accepted in college, waiting on DA for nursing)

2+2 schools:
PLNU - Accepted ( 12k merit and small grant)
U of Arizona Accepted (15K merit)
CSULB - Denied
Sonoma State- Accepted
Stanislaus- Accepted
Baylor Accepted ( 72K merit plus small grant)

Just waiting on SDSU and DA status of UH Manoa. I think she knows at this point that SDSU is very long shot… and is already likely decided on CSUSM. Its a great program. Over 97% NCLEX pass rate first try after graduation, its local and instate tuition which is a GOOD THING.

Good luck to you all this last month of waiting.

2 Likes

Application Updates:

Accepted - ASU w/honors, Univ Portland, Purdue, TCU
Denied - CSUF
Waiting - SDSU, UCI, UCLA

I am a male with a lot of ECs under my belt. Super helpful thread. I think I will attend ASU if not admitted into UCLA, UCI, or SDSU.

3 Likes

Likely final update on my D. If it helps, my D has a 4.3 GPA / 28 ACT. She submitted her ACT scores to all schools except U Minnesota and Case.

Accepted
Purdue
U Cincinnati (10k)
Illinois State (8.5k + honors)
Marquette (20k + honors)
Saint Louis U (25k)
Loyola Chicago (25k)
Florida Southern (25k + honors)
Jacksonville U (29.5k + honors)
UTK (10k) - accepted into 2nd choice major

Deferred
U Minnesota