class of 2025 nursing

@RachelAC

Deferred is a bit surprising but she has tons of great options. Congrats!

Has she made a decision?

1 Like

@NurseStav, @RachelAC - Congratulations on your admissions so far. Good luck for future!

2 Likes

Thank you! This process has been strange and nerve wrecking, glad to be in the home stretch. Her top choice was Purdue, but the zero merit has now pushed it to the bottom of the list at $41K/year. We visited Florida Southern this past weekend for their Scholars Day and we were VERY impressed. The campus was beautiful, everyone was so nice and they really have a great nursing program. They are also extremely generous, we just received a letter in the mail with another $3500 nursing scholarship (after we already received our FA package). This school is now less than our instate flagship. My D just isn’t sure she wants to be a plane ride away from home. So… no decisions yet, but I think we are getting closer? She’s already written off the two deferrals and UTK since she got into her second choice there. This is tough!

2 Likes

@RachelAC - I would give a lot of importance to your D’s feeling about not being a plane ride away. After all being able to drive once in a while to visit should be far preferable.

2 Likes

I agree with you! My mama heart isn’t sure it’s ready for her to be that far away either, but I try to remember it’s not about me :slight_smile: I would be pretty surprised if she ultimately chose to go to Florida, but I do think she is considering it way more than she was prior to our visit. Illinois State is only 2.5 hours from home and by far the least expensive option after merit, being though it is in-state, but she is having a hard time getting on board with the idea (too many people from HS, lol). She is bummed about Purdue but understands that putting herself/us $160K in debt is just not feasible.

1 Like

Totally understand that this is not easy. Good Luck to your D and your family!

Hi All-

Just thought I would give a final update on my D21’s status. What a journey it has been and I am grateful that I had CC to help along the way. D21 only applied to direct admit programs.

Accepted:
UTK (10K merit)
Clemson (accepted Alt. major)
Temple (14K merit)
WVU (13.5 merit)
U Pitt (no merit)
U Delaware (15K merit)
U Maine (20K merit)
ASU (15.5K merit)

Still waiting:
U Mass - Amherst

I am so excited to announce she has chosen UTK. She is 100% committed to be a VOL and absolutely fell in love with all aspects of the University of Tennessee on our tour a few weeks back. We are hoping to get a bit more merit, but so proud of all her hard work to get to her dream! Good luck to all still waiting on decisions and to all trying to make a decision on where to go.

2 Likes

Congratulations on your admission to UTK. Good luck for future!

1 Like

Congratulations to your D! She had some great options!! We never made it to UTK and then once she didn’t get into nursing we crossed it off the list. Everyone we know there loves it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations to your daughter! Would you mind sharing her stats and whether she ended up submitting scores anywhere but Pitt? Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks. My D has a 4.67 WGPA, 3.86 UW GPA. 9th in her class of 252. She took 5 AP classes, 2 dual enrollment, and the majority honors for the rest. Many EC’s (clubs and rec sports) some with good leadership rolls, 150+ hours community service, part-time job for 2 years. She did submit her SAT to all schools. Solid score but not really up to par with who she is academically, only sat 1 time. Is taking it again to hopefully boost her score and be eligible for more merit.

2 Likes

Good luck to her!!

D threw us a curve ball last night and announced that she’s decided on Illinois State. She said her main priority is to graduate with the least amount of debt as possible. This choice would allow her to graduate debt-free. And she’ll only be 2.5 hours from home! While I’m pretty surprised with her super responsible decision, I am really proud of her and excited to be able to move forward with this process!! Looks like we’ll have a Redbird this fall!

4 Likes

@LollieW

Yes, I meant the first 2 years at ASU requiring a gpa of 3.5 or higher to stay in the program.

I know a lot of you are applying to SDSU, UCI, and UCLA. I think these will be the most impacted schools for nursing this year while they are already extremely competitive. Do any of you have opinions on possibilities of more waitlist usage, going deeper into the waitlist, etc?

Sdsu decisions are out on the portal btw. I got in! I had 4.36 gpa according to the cal state app.

6 Likes

Has anyone else gotten their decision from sdsu?

1 Like

me and some people other people on the sdsu 2025 page got in yesterday!

3 Likes

I was accepted too! Congrats to everyone

4 Likes

Just got rejected from CSU Fullerton but got accepted into SDSU and all direct entry privates in California

4 Likes