Class of 2028 - General Engineering admission advice needed

Under Manage Application

AIS updated today to General Engineering!

3 Likes

My homeschooled son got into CStat Engineering in the 1st round two years ago with a 1390. He had a 690 EBRW and 700 Math. His super score was quite a bit higher but that was his highest one sitting score. He did submit all of his tests to TAMU so I’m not sure if engineering looked at his higher math scores. He had a lot of ECs and was looking to join the Corps FWIW. He ended up going to the US Air Force Academy instead.

We are waiting for news on son #2 who has a 1440 (710 EBRW/730 Math) one sitting score. He has nearly identical ECs as his brother and is also looking at joining the Corps.

I’m not sure if homeschooled students are treated differently than online or unranked schools but I imagine they are.

1 Like

Do you know how often that the engineering acceptances will roll out? My son received an email a couple of weeks ago about applying to the honors college for engineering so I was really hopeful he would get in this first round but it doesn’t look like that way. Does anyone have any information with this? Thank you.

Should be ongoing. Any time now for your son.

1 Like

Thank you

:crossed_fingers::pray::four_leaf_clover:

Son was accepted into engineering today. Stats:

OOS (Midwest)
Homeschooled
34 ACT (disclosed); 1490 SAT (not disclosed)
5 APs completed (A or A+ in all, all 5s except one 4 on AP exams); taking 2 more APs senior year - Physics C Mech/E&M and Calc BC
4.0 unweighted, 4.21 weighted
Successful robotics team
Achieved Freedom Award in Trail Life USA (scouting)
Works 10-12 hours/week
Showed demonstrated interest by touring & doing Spend Night w/ Corps
A few other awards/accomplishments

Applying for engineering honors and considering the Corps

He was holistic review, and categorized as Top 10%; applied 8/15, received engineering honors application 8/30 (not turned in yet), accepted today 9/19

Son is very excited!

3 Likes

@DarkhorseMW congrats! Curious, why would he not submit a 1490 SAT?

He submitted the 34 ACT - it’s all the same.

I think there was a link to a new law for ranking homeschoolers with SAT or Act in the class of …2028 page. Sorry I am rushing this morning and can’t look it up. Good luck ! My son was one of the homeschoolers ranked in the top 10 percent if you have questions. Not sure if I can add a lot though since you have been on here encouraging all of us.

@52AG82 Because when we looked at the SAT/ACT score-comparison chart, a 34 ACT was slightly higher; we thought it would make him a slightly better candidate.

1 Like

Your son is way ahead and ETAM will be plain sailing.

It is important to submit the LORs for both regular admission and honor applications (separate processes) for automatic Brown scholarship consideration.

@jimdlt1 this is the Engineering specific thread.
Give @FriscoDad your sons stats.

1 Like

@FriscoDad
OOS Florida
SAT 1540 Super Scored Math 790
5.54 GPA
Rank 1/424
ALL Math Science AP’s 4/5’s Currently Enrolled AP Physics AP Calculus B/C
Applied Mech Engineering
Thanks
Jim

Should have already accepted. Is everything green-checked including official high school transcript received in AIS?

ALL GREEN CHECKS

Document Complete
CLASS RANK (Top Ten Percent) Document is received and complete.
Essay A Document is received and complete.
$75 UGRAD APPLICATION FEE Document is received and complete.
SELF-REPORTED ACADEMIC RECORD (More Info) Document is received and complete.

• Optional Documents
    Document Complete
    SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION due at time of application (More Info) Document is received and complete.
    SAT/ACT SCORES (VIEW ALL TESTS) Document is received and complete.

This week or next week…
Have you submitted LORs?

No, The A&M Portal did NOT request LORs, like other school Portals have.

Additionally, there is NOT even a link to Upload LORs. Maybe as OOS, we see a different portal than Texans.