Clemson Class of 2024

@drewh02 congratulations and welcome to Clemson!!!

@noothername same here! Still waiting and I also applied the end of January. Got all materials submitted email march second. I’m dyin man!

Great choice @pghmom72 and @drewh02

@gretchenlobben Have you contacted the admissions officer for your state? I’m not sure if I should or not

Does anybody know the best way to withdraw and get as much of the deposit back as possible? My son got pulled from the VT waitlist and is weighing his options. I’m preparing myself. :slight_smile:

@HokieCrazy Congrats! VT is the tops! I thought deposits were non-refundable unless maybe a financial emergency? Doesn’t hurt to write an email stating the reasons. It’s up to them if they think it’s valid for some refund.

I had heard from posts on other threads that they might be refundable if done before May 1st. I’m not terribly upset about losing the deposit if that is the case, but I do want to let Clemson know that he won’t attend (if that is the direction he takes) before May 1st, so that waitlist students can have a good opportunity to take his spot. How do I do that? Is that just an email to admissions?

@HokieCrazy Yes email to admissions with CUID# and name in the Subject.

@HokieCrazy Congrats to your son! VT is such a great school, and everyone there seems so kind. We recently emailed VT Admissions to get our matriculation fee back when my son got into Clemson. They got back right away and said they would start to process the refund. I’m sure Clemson would be the same.

Thank you for that information!

@ArbonneMom just saw your post. Did your son decide between Clemson and Wake? My son is still undecided between the two

Anyone have Palmetto Fellows but SC Life Scholarship is in their financial aid package?

@gretchenlobben Have you heard back yet? I just received a waitlist letter today.

@clemsontig We were told that Fellows was not officially put in until June, so it would say Life until then. Hope that helps.

@clemsontig I had that same thing happen to me! What I ended up having to do was fill out a Designation form through SC CHE saying that I wanted my PF sent to Clemson. A few days later PF popped up on my financial aid screen, and it showed the LIFE as canceled.

Super late response, sorry! Yeah also waitlisted:/

does anyone know when move in is?

Clemson hasn’t announced yet

Thanks so much for this comment. My daughter just got off the waitlist yesterday for Jan 21 acceptance. She is really considering it but has tons of questions. How will she make friends? Will she miss sorority rush? She didn’t have the credit contigency but is still considering taking classes. Did your daughter stay local or go closer to clemson for classes. Would love to hear more about her transition. Thank-you!

Quick question- what was your appeals argument to get into summer ? My son got bridge and would like to appeal for regular or summer. He can submit new fall and winter grades but what else