Clemson Class of 2027 Official Thread

My DS is waiting on the Honors decision as well. I feel as though I read March 15 somewhere but I can’t remember where I saw that.

1 Like

Yes I can see the honors program application checklist on the portal. I applied after jan 1 (late applicant) and the website says that late applicants will be notified by April 3rd.

And renting with no incomes requires co-signers and all kinds of other layers of info.

One option could be finding a professor who is at Clemson from your country and making some connections. They may know someone taking on boarders in a room in their home. There are families in the area who may be interested if you could figure out where to post it.

Honors decisions were posted in the portal last night. Good luck!

1 Like

I am unable to see it. Is this because I applied late and will be notified at a later date?

Did you apply to the Honors College by the Jan 2nd deadline? If it was after that date, it’s only on a space available basis and they claim to not guarantee your application will even be considered. If you applied to HC by Jan 2nd, you should have received an email and an update in the portal.

1 Like

Pretty sure I submitted it after 2nd January. Anyways, I get your point. Thank you for the clarification!

My son is an admitted student who hasn’t accepted yet. He has Clemson email and iRoar accounts, but we don’t see where to access email on the portal, and we can’t see personalized COA info. I’ll try to call, but thought that I’d ask here first. Thank you!

1 Like

I apologize if I am confused - but if you are looking to find out his scholarship situation, they won’t be released until late March per admissions.

1 Like

Thank you- my message wasn’t very clear. I’m looking for how to access the mail system and any info on personalized Cost of Attendance if it is available even if scholarships aren’t reflected. I think that is a user issue :smile: I can’t locate a mail icon, in-box etc.

My son is enrolled. My sons Clemson email is a gmail that he does not access from the inside of the portal. We don’t have a COA yet- maybe after the scholarships are released?? (Or that part may be my user error!)

Thank you!

Is it accurate that some current OOS students received merit awards last year when their acceptance letter didn’t mention merit? Thank you for the info!

Need some advice. S23 admitted and accepted into honors college. Visit planned for April 7 or 14. 80-90% chance he chooses Clemson. Should we be accepting offer (appears non-binding) and making housing deposit? Or, are we assured housing with the other Honors students and can confidently wait until post-visit?
We don’t have full financial picture at Clemson yet- waiting on final COA.

Housing priority is based on when the application is submitted, not when enrolled, but in his case he should be fine regardless with honors.

2 Likes

I was told being in the honors college gives you first priority for housing regardless when you apply.

1 Like

Yes, honors college first, next are the LLCs (RISE, CUBS, etc) then it is based on the date of the application. The LLCs are a great way to connect with others majoring in the same field and also get a priority housing slot.

3 Likes

How would you describe the religious climate at Clemson?

1 Like

My Irish/Italian Catholic would sometimes hear people and music and head on over expecting a party, but found out it was a church thing, so she moved on, that was freshman year and hadn’t mentioned religion since (it didn’t bother her at all, just not what she’s used to coming from the northeast).

2 Likes

I wouldn’t necessarily say that it’s an overly religious climate. However, my older son is a junior, and he never enjoyed going to church growing up, but he is in a Bible study group in his fraternity now.

4 Likes