***Coca-Cola Scholars 2017 Semifinalists***

Hey everyone! Congrats to all of you who are semifinalists! I am a semifinalist myself, and I thought it’d be cool to start a discussion with you all! Feel free to post chances/application advice! Hope to see you all in Atlanta in the spring!

I’m a semifinalist! Holy wow I did not expect this at all!

It gets a lot harder from this stage on lol

Same, I did not either! I never thought I would stand out in a pool of 87,000 applicants-but I guess we did! Congratulations again!! :slight_smile:

Are you a semifinalist?

yeah I’m a semi-finalist @ILoveStanford

Awesome, congratulations!

Were there 87K or 187K? Different sources said different things…
It’s cool to be a Semifinalist! Congrats to all!

I applied but I didn’t realize this was such a big deal…

I filled it out during school without much thought so becoming semifinalist was a bit of a surprise lol

Congratulations everyone

Congrats to everyone!

I am beyond surprised and I especially didn’t expect the results coming out earlier than stated.

Does anyone know if this semi-finalist status will be a significant boost to our college apps? I really hope so, but I am truly honored and surprised to be selected as things are.

187K started the application, but 87K ultimately submitted.

I think it is, because we are basically in the top 2% of the Coca-Cola applicant pool.

In that case, is this something we should definitely tell schools ASAP? I emailed 2 of my EA schools but I was reluctant to email MIT because their FAQ says they prefer applicants to leave updates until the February Update & Notes form.

I would tell the schools. I am unfamiliar with MIT’s application, so I don’t really know how you would tell the admission officers. But if you can, I would definitely let them know; you should be very proud of this. What other colleges are you applying to?

Actually, I would call MIT’s admission office to see what they would really want you to do.

Thanks

What schools are you applying to? :slight_smile:

Oh! Sorry, I missed that! I’ve applied to WVU, Ohio State, Case, UChicago, and MIT so far and I’m planning on applying to Carnegie Mellon, Northwestern, and Princeton RD.

Wow, we are applying to many of the same schools! Best of luck to you in the application process! I know it can be stressful, but in the end it will all be worth it! :slight_smile: