Colorado College - ED and EA discussion thread (class of 2019)

<p>anyone know what the emails could mean? that the ED pool is more competitive? or less?
applied: ED
ACT:32
GPA: 4.0 weighted
7 APs</p>

<p>very concerned about my GPA. Awaiting the 15th anxiously! </p>

<p>@hp9616 you shouldn’t worry about your GPA at all… I applied ED as well and I only have a 2010 on the SAT and a 3.6 weighted… Everyone else’s amazing scores and GPA’s are really worrying me now…Hopefully I get lucky</p>

<p>I have! I have a 30 (31 superscore) and 3.905 UW. it’s stressing me out as well!</p>

<p>@carolinetaheri did u apply ed?</p>

<p>anyone know what time ED is released</p>

<p>@hp9616 the email says that the projected ED acceptance rate is 28% and the EA acceptance rate is 19%… so maybe they didn’t have as many people apply ED and it is less competitive, so they are trying to get EA people to switch to ED. The ED decision is supposed to be released on December 15 at 4:00 MST</p>

<p>thank you! @skibumphysicist‌ </p>

<p>In past years there have been roughly 6-7x the number of EA applicants vs ED applicants which makes sense since ED is binding and EA is not.</p>

<p>@hp9616 nope! EA!</p>

<p>Received an email. Colorado College confirms EARLY ACTION decisions will be released on Dec. 18, at 4:00 PM MST.</p>

<p>I also received an email with the same message confirming that ED decisions will be released on the 15th at 4:00 PM MST! I AM SO NERVOUS… ONLY 74 HOURS TO GO AHHHH</p>

<p>Anyone know how competitive the pool is this year? Obviously everyone is beyond qualified! </p>

<p>I believe a previous poster said that the predicted EA acceptance rate will be 19% and ED will be 28%.</p>

<p>I applied for financial aid at CC under EA, and i just received an email from the head of FA there saying i was missing a form. the email seemed personal, not a generic ‘you are missing something’ email that they send out to everyone, it was specifically from the director of the department or something and he was asking me to please send it in by today because the admissions committee will be meeting this weekend for the final decisions to be made in time for the release and they really needed the form… should i consider that as a sign that i got in since they really want all my forms and its already so last minute? or do they have to do a followup with anyone in my situation?</p>

<p>@nehc97‌ oh wow that sounds stressfull! I don’t know for sure but I cannot imagine them asking you for a form so last minute if you weren’t either accepted already or highly considered by them… I could be wrong but that just seems to make sense! </p>

<p>@surfsoccer18 yeah that’s what i’m hoping it means :frowning: fingers crossed haha. </p>

<p>@nehc97‌ May I ask what forms they were asking for?</p>

<p>I’m an international student applying ED, I’ve done the IBDP so I have absolutely no clue how GPA works - is there a conversion? Also good luck to everyone!! (I’m freaking out over here too! This college sounds incredible to me) </p>

<p>what’s your gpa right now? @warrierg</p>

<p>Ughhhh my stomach is in knots!! In less than 24 hours we ED kids will all know…</p>