Colorado School of Mines Admission for Fall 2023

I think I was 7-10 days.

1 Like

Colorado has a free application day and this year I think it was Oct 18? They receive a ton of applications that week so it can take them a while to get through them.

2 Likes

Son just got into Mines! We are in-state. He applied Nov 1st. Got an email to check his portal this morning. Best of luck everyone!

6 Likes

Got in today with $14K Scholarshipā€¦so relieved! Best of luck to all of those still waiting. Applied on 11/1, file confirmed on 11/8.

4 Likes

In state son just got accepted!

5 Likes

Stats? I you sonā€™t mind sharing.

2 Likes

SAT 1430
Weighted gpa 4.27, UW 3.75
Pre IB/Honors Freshman and sophomore
2 IB
AP Scholar with honors
Robotics extracurricular, 2022 World champion FIRST FTC team

2 Likes

Congrats to Cian!

Noah got in as well!

Congrats to Noah! Cian is absolutely thrilled. That was a tough wait!

Congrats! We still havenā€™t heard! :frowning:

OOS son just got his acceptance! 12k merit. Applied 10/12, app complete 10/13.

4 Likes

My son was just accepted! OOS with a $6k merit scholarship. Weā€™re super excited!

3 Likes

We havenā€™t heard anything either. Iā€™m not feeling great about it at this point. Hang in there!

1 Like

My son just let us know he was accepted!! OOS, he didnā€™t mention any scholarship, but that doesnā€™t mean anything. It is very possible he didnā€™t think to look.

GPA- 4.0 UW
Will have 6 APs
28 on ACT
3 sport athlete, captain and state qualifier
Debate, StuCo, DECCA, NHS

Heā€™s leaning towards playing baseball at a D3 in Iowa (huge aid package, and engineering), Mines never responded to a pretty strong baseball resume. If he doesnā€™t play baseball I can see him heading to Mines, his big brother is just down the road at the University of Denver.

Congratulations to everyone son/daughters who have gotten in.

1 Like

Iā€™d have him email the Coaches, cc AD and advise of his admittance asapā€¦ my dd plays D3 softball is having the time of her life. Good luck to your son. :partying_face:

He has reached out to the coach (3 times). Itā€™s been weird, heā€™s a mid to upper 80s RHP with a long underdeveloped (thin) frame, with plenty of D2 interest/offers in the northern plains, but we must be too far out of their recruiting area. I have encouraged him to reach out again, maybe heā€™ll be more motivated now that heā€™s accepted to try one more time.

Thanks!

1 Like

I hear ya! Our DD was accepted at mines also and never heard from the softball coahes either. Never know what theyā€™re looking for or done recruiting?:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

We submitted for EA Nov 1 but have not heard anything yet. We are OOSā€¦looks like they are releasing decisions?

1 Like

We are in the same boat. Iā€™m not super excited hearing the amount of merit some people are getting, though - we will need much more between merit and need aid to make it happen for one of my twins that has his heart set on it. But, you never know!

2 Likes

No email here in CA :triumph: