Colorado School of Mines Admission for Fall 2023

CSM seems to be releasing decisions in waves so don’t be discouraged if you haven’t heard anything yet. We know many in-state kids who got their decisions weeks ago. Hopefully you’ll hear soon!

4 Likes

Portal just updated and OOS son was accepted! Finally! Congrats to all!

7 Likes

I’ve been seeing your posts! I’m very happy for you. My son and I will visit January 13. I’m hoping he falls in love with the school!

2 Likes

Rejection for my kiddo. He’s disappointed, but we knew that it was a reach. Moving on. He has several other options.

1 Like

Lots of great schools out there. Don’t sweat it.

4 Likes

I’m sorry! I hope he has lots of other great choices! Hugs!

3 Likes

FWIW, he received $14K of merit-based aid. Which I think is close to the highest amount they award OOS applicants. Also, we did visit campus back in the Fall of 2021. From what I observed with my oldest demonstrated interest seems to be a real thing. My 2020 grad got into all his reaches, and I think us flying out to visit helped a ton.

3 Likes

Question: The additional 4k you got after the letter from Finance , was it financial aid?? We are hoping for a bit more than what we received for merit.

Question: The additional 4k you got after the letter from Finance , was it financial aid?? We are hoping for a bit more than what we received for merit.

My son was accepted with $6k of merit!

2 Likes

We just got another email with an increased scholarship amount also!

2 Likes

The acceptance letter said $8K, then he got a congratulations letter from the President that said Provost Award of $10K per year, $40K total.

6 Likes

The one of my sons who was most set on this school was rejected - no word on the other, he applied much later.
It’s probably okay, as the cost was probably going to be too high. Luckily, he got his acceptance to Regis the same day…their CompSci degree is ABET unlike Mines so might be a better choice for him as that’s what he’s leaning toward.
We loved our visit to Mines and are so happy for all of those getting in! Hooray!

1 Like

I didn’t realize the ABET issue. Thank you for that very valuable information.

2 Likes

My son has not been notified of any merit award. When would he have been notified? We have received the financial aid letter, but no notification of merit. He is in state.

Also, are the emails going to his outside email? Should he have a Mines email too?

Thanks!

We received a notification of a merit award with the acceptance letter and then later for an email to set up a “trailhead” account and apply for additional scholarships. I would check his email!

2 Likes

Same for us

He only received his acceptance electronically, should he have received a physical letter?

I have the email about the trailhead account and he has signed into the account.

But no mention of any merit anywhere, maybe he didn’t get one. :slightly_frowning_face:

The initial merit award was quoted in his acceptance letter. We are OOS. The trailhead account has links to various scholarships, one of which is only for CO residents!