Columbia Class of 2027 Official Thread

Do you still have 3 addresses? I see 3 same addresses (1 permanent and 2 mailing with variations in zip code; one more specific) on my daughter’s portal. Domestic. Don’t remember if she had 3 from the beginning.

No because I removed them. I thought it was a bug lol

Only have two (1 permanent and 1 mailing). Would this really mean anything?

me too. the interesting this is that i only included one address in my common app (perm. address). but they might just auto-fill it

The checklist isn’t there anymore???

ooh! It is gone for me

1 Like

I believe the checklist has been gone for a while (couple days now?).

2 Likes

It has

1 Like

Portal was momentarily down a while ago. Everytime I logged in, I saw “forbidden”. Anyone else this?

Is your son a URM or athlete? My daughter is a URM and received a likely letter from Cornell, but nothing from Columbia, so I am assuming she was rejected or waitlisted.

1 Like

What does URM mean?

Don’t know but Penn portal has been down all week with message that it won’t open until 7PM March 30 when decisions are made.

Underrepresented minority

1 Like

This is interesting because I always considered us to be middle class, but our estimated family contribution was less than $6,000. I am a teacher and my husband is an independent welder. I guess because we live in an area where the cost of living isn’t as high, own our modest home with one child at home, and never trade out our vehicles we don’t feel as low income as we look on paper. My concern with financial aid is that we never know what he is going to make from one year to the next. The last three years we have been under $60,000, but there have been years in the past where we were closer to $80,000. My daughter keeps telling me how both of these schools meet financial need, but it still worries me that me that after the first year, we would possibly have to pay alot more. There are other (less prestigious, but still good) schools that she has received scholarships from. This has been a very difficult journey.

This is has some good financial aid info. I remember that they sent an email about the <$150,000 family income = tuition free part, and my daughter was impressed by it and even wrote about it in one of her essays (about Columbia making effort through financial aid, to make higher education more accessible).
Enhancements to Undergraduate Financial Aid for 2022-2023 Academic Year | Office of the Provost.

2 Likes

If it makes you feel any better, my D has been offered an (almost) full ride to American University. The only cost to our family would be her 5500/yr student loan + 1000/semester work study. Yes they really want her, yes they wanted to actually make it possible for her to attend. No other explanation for such a huge award, but it does happen!

1 Like

If it makes you feel any better, my D has been offered an (almost) full ride to American University. The only cost to our family would be her 5500/yr student loan + 1000/semester work study. Yes they really want her, yes they wanted to actually make it possible for her to attend. No other explanation for such a huge award, but it does happen!

1 Like

I checked my IDOC portal and Columba is requesting a document called “Columbia University Outside Scholarship and External Payment Form” Does everybody have this?

2 Likes

we got that back in December when we set up the IDOC portal.

so everyone has it?