Columbia Class of 2027 Official Thread

To those whose checklist disappeared: don’t worry. I just checked and found a few who got in after checklist-disappearance

4 Likes

I’ll keep my fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: :joy:

For last year? Or ED 2027?

Don’t worry!! This stuff literally doesn’t tell us anything of value. It’s not over yet! :sweat_smile::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Across 4-5 years

our list is still there with all of those items…… and we honestly don’t care :grinning:

We don’t know really. Maybe it’s just that the server couldn’t handle it so a part of it went down

Aight quick poll. Do you have your FA list?

:+1: for yes

:bulb: for no

1 Like

Am I the only one being asked to update my Security Questions and Change Password?

1 Like

Nevermind, I already understood why. Stupid mistake on my side :slight_smile:.

So I just called them and asked them why it disappeared. After taking down my name, ID, DOB, etc, the lady’s response was “Your documents are complete and package is ready. Since decisions are close and we don’t need any more info, we disabled your checklist. We’ll email you if we need to verify your aid package.”

Now, Columbia is Need Aware for me… it could be generic or mean nothing. But at least it’s not a bad sign

2 Likes

wouldn’t that be too good to be true? According to the above poll, there are 5/6 got their financial aid documents removed from the portal, I doubt that all 5 got in!!! :slight_smile:

6 is too small a sample size. Also, I never denied the possibility that her response was generic

I guess that we can’t deduce anything at this stage. The good thing is that the wait is almost over! I hope that we all got in! :smiley:

1 Like

Domestic here, if this is true I’m going to scream. In a good way.

Well, ours is empty too now… I called them and they said there was a system error!

1 Like

So they probably meant to keep it empty for a select few applicants but accidentally did for everyone?

Also, just in case: Do you have your FA checklist? - Online Poll - StrawPoll.com

That’s weird they’re giving different responses to the same thing. :joy:
It seems like there were issues a while ago too, so maybe it’s temporary. We won’t know till the end which of these things meant anything and maybe not even then! We can just hope it’s positive :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Columbia FA portal is not very organized. They download every single document and sometimes multiple of the same doc but titled differently… and they’re all in some random order that keeps changing…

Did ParentInGeorgia give the FA office the applicant number, etc.? Since the first guy, NoName did, they likely got different responses since at least one asked specifically about the application. So the responses could reflect the individual application statuses.