Columbia University Admissions Fall 2022

Good to know then, ‘cause I’m on the same boat lol

It likely means that your financial aid documents are complete. When they have what they need, they don’t for you to see the checklist anymore. I don’t think anyone can infer acceptance from this.

I have never said we can infer acceptance from the checklist.

My whole point was everyone is unable to see it, thus making theories is nonsense.

You haven’t, but others in this conversation seem to want to read meaning into whether the checklist is visible or not. I’m offering a logical explanation for why it is no longer visible for the vast majority. I’m willing to bet everyone’s checklist disappears before decision day.

If you read the threads from previous years, you’ll notice what I’m talking about. All College Confidential threads I’ve read about it show a correlation—I haven’t seen a single person say they were admitted after the checklist disappeared. On the other hand, everyone who said it was gone ended up being rejected.

That being said, “correlation does not imply causation.” Also, as stated a few comments above, on Reddit, some likely candidates do not have the checklist available.

Therefore, there’s really not enough evidence to draw a conclusion.

Some people can still see their checklist tho. That’s not a bet you would want to make hahaha

Yep - they deactivate systems in preparation for decisions usually so it doesn’t mean much

They can still see them because they haven’t been finalized on Columbia’s end. See the person in this thread who got a recent request for documents, sent it on, and then the checklist disappeared.

1 Like

@Brunnowisk I received a likely letter and my checklist is now gone lol

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I was indeed wrong then lol

Sorry everyone

1 Like

FWIW: a friend who works in the IT department at another school said almost all schools will disable the checklist for everyone a few days ahead of the decision date. He said the reason is technical: every time someone logs into the portal it requires a call to a database server to retrieve the information required to display the checklist (i.e. to get a list of what items to show/not show). With a large increase in portal traffic in the days ahead of decision day it creates stress on the servers, so they disable the checklist.

So it’s not a sign. The checklist should go away for everyone.

2 Likes

yeah ig some people still have the checklist.

Checklist disappeared. Wondering if anyone still has it showing.

Checklist (the main checklist) gone and an email went out as well.

1 Like

Did everyone receive the email sent out today regarding when decisions will be made available?

3 Likes

I have “verify address” but I’m not sure if everyone else does. I heard that for Stanford if your address is there after they get rid of the update links it means you got in, but I’m not sure if that’s the case with Columbia. The update link is still there for me but the checklist is gone, so maybe it’s a good sign?

Is there anyone who don’t have verify address in their portal?

1 Like

Wait, you meant the financial aid checklist, right? I think some people are confusing it with the regular checklist.

The regular checklist should be gone for everyone. The FA checklist is still available for some