Columbia University Science Honors Program ENTRANCE EXAMINATION

<p>Hello, guys. I will also take the test tomorrow! Good luck!</p>

<p>took the test... was better then i ecpected...but i feel confused..like i can't say if I'm in or not...now i guess we just wait!</p>

<p>Yeah. Me, too. The hard questions WERE hard!! LOL!</p>

<p>haha im sure you all did well! pm me if you get in :]</p>

<p>T-T. I did really badly I think. I only got like 6 of the challenge problems correct. Man. I suck. And hey, korea pride, I'm Korean, too! And 93, too!</p>

<p>haha nice andyjo24...it all depends on how everyone else does on the challenge questions. besides if you're a freshman/sophomore, you'll get a nicer curve than a junior :]</p>

<p>LOL. I'm a sophomore. And also, do they actually count the transcripts and the recommendations?</p>

<p>haha im a sophomore 2. i know dr blaer is on a committee that reads through all the transcripts and recs, because when i was talking to him he remembered one of the stories i wrote about in my essay and he had my grades on file. i think although the exam matters a lot, the transcripts/recs/essays are still impt, no matter what other people say.</p>

<p>I think I would've gotten in. Damn and I FORGOT TO TAKE THE TEST! zomg. fail.
um contrary to pop belief they take juniors>sophmores>freshmen. It says so.</p>

<p>although they curve the exam a little, they do prefer juniors over freshmen and sophomores. its not impossible to get in though, and there is definitely a substantial amount of sophomores and juniors at cshp as well as seniors.</p>

<p>LOLOLOL. Wait. I'm sorta confused. Does this raise or decrease my chances??</p>

<p>I thought the exam was fair...if I had reviewed a little more I think I would have done much better. I have never taken physics, or chem before. I solved 10/15 of the challenge q's, I thought they weren't bad.</p>

<p>I reasoned my way through alot of the science material I hadn't learned yet (the Earth layers part, Electricity diagram/graph, etc.) and prob got around 65/75 or so.</p>

<p>But oh god, the challenge section was not my forte. If I only looked at this thread earlier.
I had no idea they were AMC 10/12ish questions. I was expecting proofs :/
I think I got around 10/15 right with 3 definitely wrong.</p>

<p>How are my chances (sophomore)? :/</p>

<p>i took the test yesterday, too.
i thought the science portion was a bit harder than i was expecting it to be.. i'm not exactly sure how i did .
i have never learned physics.
the chemistry/bio i did not review a lot >_<
i think i got all the earth science right because i reviewed it</p>

<p>i answered 13 / 15 of the challenge questions, but i think i got one wrong.. :| i'm nervous :/ i hope i got in & good luck to everyone else ! :)</p>

<p>Sweet, Got the test over with! xD Anyway, like most of the 2000 people who took the test yesterday, I do feel a bit uncomfortable. I mean i can't believe I got stuck on some of the easy math questions >.< </p>

<p>The science portion was... a bit challenging i prob skipped like 15 so... 60/75? Poop</p>

<p>The challenge math problems weren't so bad actually. o.o i answered 13/15 but I'm sure that i had gotten some wrong... can we talk about the answers we got? o_o</p>

<p>wow hi everyone...i opened my inbox and there were about 5 messages lol. last year, there were around 2000 applicants for 350 positions. i took it last year as a freshman, and i answered all the science and easy math questions, plus the majority (i forget exactly, maybe around 2/3 - 3/4) of hard questions, and that was enough. anyways, continue to pm/ask on this thread if you have questions, i'll try to respond more promptly :P</p>

<p>I answered all 15 but am pretty sure I got <strong>MANY</strong> wrong...i didn't know some but my attitude was "wat the hell..i'll take a few risks"..so all the ones i didn't have bubbled in the last 5 minutes, i buubble dthem in with the same letter.. i think I did 9 of them on my own though.. reading everyone elses posts makes me think that I made a mistake..oh yea, the science was easy except for phsics since i didn't study it yet..i never did chem b4, but i was able to answer a majority of the chem, all bio, and all earth science. Once again, i guessed for physics. I was aware of the penalty but I take risks..that's how i am</p>

<p>What was up with that question with the workers and the Xs and Ys as the variables?
I put y as my answer but it was a complete guess. :/</p>

<p>Well, everyone has their own test taking strategies. The thing is we don't know how much points they take off when you get a question wrong. </p>

<p>Anyway, good luck to you all, I bet I won't make it in then since koreanpride got like.. most of them right. Blehh</p>

<p>I guessed it too! I was trying to substitute numbers for the variables but it didn't work.</p>