Columbia University Science Honors Program ENTRANCE EXAMINATION

<p>yah but it will be similar, most tests are like that. Just look at the AP physics tests, form 1 and form B always have the same kind of questions.</p>

<p>^ Uh your statement makes no sense. This test and AP tests are by no means at all related.</p>

<p>so most of these admission tests and standardized tests are the sort of the same</p>

<p>okay, so you want to risk it and assume that they’re getting an entirely different test altogether? it’s better to be safe
</p>

<p>btw, we weren’t supposed to use a calculator on the challenge section, were we? there are some earlier messages on this thread saying it’s permitted O_o</p>

<p>@shaheiruddin: I bet columbia’s too lazy to make another test b.c. I think they used the same test today for all students, regardless of their age
just my thinking, tho</p>

<p>@19optimistic: even if they use the same sorts of questions, all we’re saying is the same stuff that has been said for the rest of this thread. and their not lazy enough to give exactly the same test for both the 10th and the 24th. theyve given the same type of test for years, so anything we say wont make a difference
also, we were not allowed to use calculators. i guess they changed the rule</p>

<p>@shaheiruddin: i think i skipped number 15. i asked my dad on the way home though, and he said the answer was (4/5, 2/5)</p>

<p>i put 2/5,4/5 x value had to smaller than .5. I’m almost sure im right.</p>

<p>@19optimistic, they use the same test for everyone on one day but a freshman wouldn’t need as high of a score as a junior would to get in.</p>

<p>Good luck guys! I hope you get in! SHP is a lot of fun :). When your course choices come over the summer, I suggest choosing a mainly lab course over a mainly lecture course. (I LOVED Experiments in Genetics and Molecular Bacteriology).</p>

<p>sooo everyone overall how would you grade the test from 1-10 ?</p>

<p>“they use the same test for everyone on one day but a freshman wouldn’t need as high of a score as a junior would to get in.”</p>

<p>I don’t think this is true.</p>

<p>The first math was surprisingly easy loll I skipped 32 questions in total lmao I guess I won’t be seeing any of you</p>

<p>@shaheiruddin, I took the test last year and my friend who was freshman (I was a sophomore) was there too. We talked about the test and it was the same. I remember reading somewhere that they curve it differently for each grade, although I can’t find the website right now. They can’t expect a freshman to know the same amount of math as a junior and it seems pretty evenly split between sophomores, juniors and seniors (fresh, soph and juniors taking the test).</p>

<p>hi u guys! i took the test today! im a freshman. i think i got most of the challenge math section part right! :slight_smile: surprisingly, and yah shaheirrudin i agree with u
dats wut i got for 15. the first math section was like super ez
the science was OK, i skipped a couple, cuz i dont know much bout some physics questions
i HOPE I GET IN! PLZ GUYS WISH ME LUCK! :slight_smile: o and were there alot of frosh who took it? cuz most of them, in my class, were like juniors and sophs
so im guessing not that many freshman this time
o and they also consider your essay and grades to be an important factor right? jw
plz rply asap anyone!</p>

<p>70-80 percent of the people who apply to this program are freshmen and sophmores lol. </p>

<p>Your curving theory wouldn’t work out.</p>

<p>@desigirl23: how could u tell they were all juniors and sophs? i was under the impression that the rooms were sorted by grade. i was in 517 in hamilton, and they certainly seemed like frosh to me.</p>

<p>o ok
well i didnt know
but i still think that i did good hopefully. :slight_smile: but i think that a freshman who performs as well as a soph
still has a good chance tho, considering they’re a frosh. lol. and shaheiuddin
r u a junior now? just wondering.</p>

<p>tsubomi1993, umm
for the exam
like u wer a frosh and got accepted, how did u do? like idd u think u did rly good or like eh?</p>

<p>ya lol im a junior.</p>

<p>k guys, it sounds as though all of you did well, so good luck. I still have to take it on the 24th, so i was wondering @miler425 is the challenge section AMC 10 or 12?</p>

<p>^ It’s neither AMC 10 or 12. It’s just a different math section that’s hard.</p>