Columbia University Science Honors Program ENTRANCE EXAMINATION

<p>I got 1.20 :/</p>

<p>YES ME too. I think it was 1.20. Now can we please let this thread die. Posting here makes me more worried.</p>

<p>Did anybody get their results yet? Like whether they got accepted or not?</p>

<p>I think results are sent tomorrow (6/28)</p>

<p>OH MY GOODNESS!!! THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR ME!!!
will it be by mail? on the website it just says "announced"</p>

<p>I didn't get mine today...
Is that a bad sign? ><</p>

<p>Maybe they make decisions today but they're not sent out yet? I wish i knew what I did with the letters they sent 2 months ago saying when results were out.</p>

<p>I got my letter.......I got RRRREEEEJJJJEEEECCCCTTTEEEDDDDD!!!!
They're so nice in the letter too...."the columbia shp is a very selective program....blah blah blah...but we regret to inform you...." I knew i didn't get in though. My school's not known for math and science geniuses (except for my brother) and I'm no exception! </p>

<p>My brother got in though. No surprise there. He gets into all these kinds of things. (Although he does owe me a thank you on this one for pushing him to try for this one!)
And people wonder why I'm always so depressed!</p>

<p>Yay!!! I Got In! The Letter's Actually Really Boring And Impersonal But Whatever.</p>

<p>i got in. this program cant be presitigious. does this actually look good for college? is it selective at all?</p>

<p>This truly is a site of geniuses. Only about 15% get in the program and both people (other than me) who responded got in! I feel so stupid when I come on here! And it's funny seeing my brother's acceptance letter and my rejection letter right next to each other. I just set myself up for this kind of humiliation.</p>

<p>I got in, but you shouldn't feel bad, PhysicsGirl. My @$$ was rejected last year, and they took me this year. Says a lot, doncha think?</p>

<p>It is a prestigious program, theSATmaster. This is free enrichment program at one of the country's top universities - over two thousand of New York's best and brightest science students applied for something like 300 spots. It's very competitive.</p>

<p>yay i got in too. i didnt get in last year either..it's my second time trying out, and this time they admitted me. so don't panic.. =) but seems like it's not actualy free, since they do ask us to pay voluntary fee for the program..</p>

<p>how much is everyone paying?</p>

<p>not sure, probably a lot.</p>

<p>i just started a new thread for people who got in, just to keep this one clear of stuff that's not about the actual entrance exam itself. ^_^</p>

<p>im a sophmore and at my high school we take physics freshmen year, chemistry sophmore year, and biology junior year. </p>

<p>I took honors physics freshmen year, AP physics and honors chemistry sophomore year, and obviously havent taken any biology classes yet. </p>

<p>the only knowledege i have of earth or life sciences is from middle school, so do you guys think i have no chance whatsoever to get in with lil understanding of bio?</p>

<p>Could someone who took the test in 2007 plz. let me know what the difficulty level is and what to expect...can/should one possibly study? From the Regents? Don't live in NYC. HELP...someone plz. reply ASAP...many thx.</p>

<p>I dunno... I didn't study at all and I got in for my senior year. I thought the first math parts (I forget how many there were) were easy, but the last one was hard. And the science... I knew the chemistry and the physics, but I was a little rusty on the bio, and VERY rusty on the earth science portions. I'm not sure what else to tell you...</p>

<p>Thx La Montagne, but are u also NOT from NY? I took Bio, Physics and Chem and never had Earth Sci...d'ya think I would be @ a disadvantage to taking the exams...what is the difficult part ab. in the math...what topics? Also, did u ever try 2 get in b4 ur sr. yr. I'm a soph. BTW, what course are u taking @ CSHP this yr.? Thx. ag. :<).</p>

<p>The test is mainly earth science than anything else. Knowing biology, chemistry, and physics would only help in some problems, but the bulk is about general knowledge. Like they ask you to interpret weather maps, rock layers, stuff like that. The challenge math part is only around precalc level, but I'd say they are comparable to like the first 10 questions of the AMCs.</p>

<p>I'm also not from NY. The earth science questions... a lot of them are kind of common sense. Like I said, I didn't remember much earth science and I was okay. I didn't try to get in before my senior year. And I agree with asinine about the difficulty. From what I remember, there were a couple just math sections that were precalc or algebra II level, and then they had this "challenge section" that was about as hard as the first 10 or 15 questions of the AMC.</p>

<p>I took Organic Chemistry in the fall, and I'm taking An Introduction to Topology now. So far, both have been fascinating, and I really love going. =]</p>