Columbia University Science Honors Program ENTRANCE EXAMINATION

<p>im taking the exam this year, and im a freshman
the only science ive taken is physics...</p>

<p>how can i study the bio and chem?</p>

<p>^ Just review a little. I took the test like 3 years ago as a freshman and I found that all the biology questions were just graphs. I think there was a scientific method one. For chemistry, if you're from NY and have a regents review book, just skim it a bit. I didn't know ANYTHING for physics and I got it--I think it's the challenge questions they care about.</p>

<p>Did anyone here take it this year? I did and I thought the first two parts were the easiest things ever. But the challenge was really involved and I was almost to lazy to try the last like 10. Anyways I thought people got way too intense about the entire thing. I saw people with SAT books etc... Really it was just a bunch of low intensity regents questions. All multiple choice. And the only physics thing on there was circuits... and thats not hard.</p>

<p>yep i took it, only the last section was hard. the aimeish section. im pretty sure you couldn't use calculator...iunno i only answered 7-8 questions at the end, but i was sure 100% right. xp</p>

<p>yup same now i know what to study for next year. Or maybe i wont have to take it at all... who knows...</p>

<p>when do acceptance letters get mailed?</p>

<p>25th june ......</p>

<p>omg, so stressed. do you think they'll come in the mail on the 25, 6,or 7?</p>

<p>did anyone get their letter today?</p>

<p>Nope, not me...</p>

<p>haha it'll probably come tomorrow. anyways, good luck to everyone that applied!</p>

<p>Yeah I ddin't get my letter yet either ... ahh this is so stressful because they SAT II Scores are coming out tomorrow too! =(</p>

<p>both the SATs and the SHP tomorrow, I might die due to depression the day after tomorrow...</p>

<p>haha don't worry if you're underclassmen you still have years left. good luck on your sats! you'll be fine. if you're enthusiastic enough to try out for shp your sat scores must be pretty good</p>

<p>unfortunately I have an Asian mother......................</p>

<p>HAHAHA me too! (hence koreapride93)....
yeah im not sure what will happen if i dont get in shp and im just a freshman
or if i get <790 sat 2 scores...ah well its life.</p>

<p>when do we get them back?</p>

<p>The letters should be coming in the mail soon. If I'm correct, they should have been mailed yesterday, but I'm not sure since I lost the sheet that said that, so would anyone like to confirm?</p>

<p>yeah they were mailed on the 25th (so the office voicemail said - my friend called), but i didnt get mine yet. maybe because i live in nj</p>

<p>Check your mail. My D got her letter today, she's in.</p>