Combination of HL Math, HL Chem and HL Physics?

I’m going to start the iB Diploma program from August and yes I know it’s a disaster combination. I’ve heard that HL Math and Science is for people who want to fail, but I’m aiming for some of the top colleges in the world, and I thought it would stand out more if I get good scores in HL. (that is, if I actually DO get good scores)

I’m up with the challenge and any hard work that comes along with it, but do you think it’s better to stay safe by taking the SL courses and get better grades?(because I don’t wanna ruin everything by getting a 1 or something for HL. It would be the end of the world for me. And I heard HL is really, really hard) I’ve also heard that some colleges require you to take HL classes during high school for admission, so I guess I don’t really have a choice for that particular subject…

Also, I’m a little worried if I can actually manage with the stress and I guess a part of me can’t completely believe in myself.

But long story short, is it worth it to risk my grades for a potential good impression on my future examiners / interviewers?
Also, how hard would I have to study to get 6s and 7s and an overall 45 in my iB exams? Would I have to sacrifice my social life / delete my social media accounts?

Please help a girl out, I’ve been thinking about it for so many weeks but I really don’t know what to do

ARe you in the USA?

Scores will not matter in the US. Taking HL science and math courses is probably a good idea if you will major in a STEM field.

it is doable but you have to be super good at time management and not to waste a single minute. Develop good studying habit, don’t text your friends on facebook while doing your work. Make use of your lunch hour to finish some of your homework in school. Don’t waste your time watching video when you have to write your IA, EE etc. Practice the problems in past IB exam papers and ask your teachesr for help when you can’t do it. Don’t procrastinate. Don’t drag, always clarify with your teacher on something you don’t understand.

Sybylla -> No I’m not. I’m going to a school in Japan that offers iB courses, but I will be applying to universities in the US!

nw2this -> Really? I didn’t know that! So what matters is that I actually take the HL courses, and that I get good scores in the SAT, right?

anaesabc -> That’s true… I’m gonna have to work very hard, I still have doubts for myself but I’ll do the best that I can!

Thank you all so much for answering!

You will not get your IB scores until July and US schools will have made their admission decisions by Mar 31.

VickiSoCal -> Ah I see. Thank you!