Community College courses factored in UC GPA

<p>If your school does not allow a community college course you have taken to be on your high school transcript, would you still be able to factor the community college course into the UC gpa? Also do the UC admissions calculate your UC gpa or do you write it on the app?</p>

<p>When you do your UC application, it will ask for all courses you’ve taken in high school and even college courses. I believe that will be counted in your UC GPA. The UC admissions will calculate your UC GPA for you. Hope this helps!</p>

<p>Any courses taken in a CCC that are transferable to UC will not only count for your GPA, it also counts for honors credit just like honor courses / APs.</p>

<p>It does not have to be on your HS transcript. You self-report all a-g courses on the application.</p>

<p>Ok so two different answer, which one is right about counting towards UC GPA?</p>

<p>The answers are all consistent.</p>

<p>Yes, a transferable college course will count for your UC gpa if you take the course prior to the start of your senior year. (Summer after Junior year gets added to Junior year for the purposes of the UC app.) Transferable is important because if you take, say, Geom at a juco, no bonus point awarded bcos Geom is a required course for admissions. And a transferable (IGETC) course will count for a bonus point.</p>

<p>No, UC does not care whether the college course in on your HS transcript. Heck, UC won’t even see your HS transcript until after you are admitted and after you send in a deposit. Instead, you self-report all a-g courses taken, and any other courses taken anywhere else, such as summer course at a different neighborhood HS, college courses or enrichment courses. (UC offers summer enrichment on some campuses.)</p>

<p>oh I misread Techhexium’s comment, thanks guys</p>

<p>do Community College courses count as one semester of an a-g course or are a-g courses only for courses taken in high school since for example taking Algebra 2 counts as 2 semesters of an a-g course?</p>

<p>one grade = counts one for a-g course. For example, AP Art History taken in HS = 2 grades, and 2 bonus points. A similar course taken in college over one semester/quarter is one grade, one bonus point for UC gpa.</p>

<p>Alg II is a required course for admissions, and not transferable. No bonus points allowed.</p>

<p>Ok, let’s say I took 22 a-g courses throughout high school. This would mean the UC’s will see I took 44 a-g courses, since it is calculated by semesters. But if let’s say I took 22 a-g courses in high school, and I took a science course that was UC transferable course over the summer(before senior year) that was 4 units. Would the UC’s now see my total a-g courses as 45 a-g courses?</p>

<p>yes, you got it.</p>