Community College Courses?

<p>How are community college courses added into the UC gpa?
I’m a junior currently with a UC gpa 3.4 (just finished 1st semester, have not capped 8 extra points)</p>

<p>If the community college course is UC transferable (check assist.org), then it gets a bonus point (like an AP course). Here's the thing to watch: while a community college course can earn you a year of credit as an a-g course, it's factored into your UC GPA as only a single semester.</p>

<p>ok,thanks. Thats what I thought.</p>

<p>I have another question regarding this. I know UC's uses 8 semesters of extra points.</p>

<p>Does community college courses count as part of the 8 semesters?</p>

<p>^Yes, it counts towards the 8.</p>

<p>ohh. Dangit. Oh well. thanks anyways.</p>

<p>another question, if all my courses are UC-transferable, I would get a boost on my UC gpa plus I will receive credits when I enter any UC,right?</p>

<p>I think so. I did one course at a community college that is UC transferable, but not applicable to the A-Gs. I might just take it again at which ever school I go to, though.</p>

<p>Community college course grades will not impact your UC GPA.</p>

<p>You will earn credit hours for the UC-transferable ones. Depending on the campus/department, you might be able to use them to clear some GE and/or lower-division requirements.</p>

<p>MaMoose? Look at the first comment you gave me.</p>

<p>"If the community college course is UC transferable (check assist.org), then it gets a bonus point (like an AP course). Here's the thing to watch: while a community college course can earn you a year of credit as an a-g course, it's factored into your UC GPA as only a single semester."</p>

<p>Sorry, KB... it was late and I misunderstood what you were saying.</p>

<p>Yes, the community college course grade counts toward your application UC GPA.</p>

<p>For some reason, since you were talking about transfer credit, I thought you were referring to your GPA <em>once you're at the UC</em>. (I have one son at a UC and one applying, so "UC GPA" has two meanings for me.)</p>

<p>Again, I apologize for my confusion and muddying the waters.</p>