COMPREHENSIVE LIST for GIRL in Ridgecrest Suite going thru Recruitment

<p>Regarding school supplies, you may want to wait a bit, since many states have tax-free days in late July or early August.</p>

<p>One other piece of advice, remember, whatever you bring, you need to bring home in the spring or put into storage. So, choose wisely.</p>

<p>Aeromom and Longhaul - DS has a coffin case too! :slight_smile: He also has a full size amp. Does that go, too, or do y’all have small practice amps?</p>

<p>I would imagine they would play using headphones so a practice amp should suffice unless they plan to gig.</p>

<p>My S is a classical (i.e., upright) bassist - this is not an electric unit. It is full size, meaning that it is 6’ tall (end-pin in), about a yard wide, and about 2’ deep. The case and it’s padding adds quite a bit of dimension to this instrument. We have to fold down all seats in the back of the van, and it takes up about 1/3 of the available volume then. When we’re driving, we look like a hearse. When it is standing in the corner, it is just shy of 8’ tall and looks like a pharaoh’s sarcophagus.</p>

<p>Ohhh! My ds has an electric bass guitar and his case brand is Coffin Case! Haha. I can definitely see the space problem with an upright bass!!</p>

<p>Not sure if this was on the list or not…but my D used the heck out of a steamer. It came in handy with all those recruitment dresses and just about anything else that has travel wrinkles. Also, I’m sure she would have burned a hole in everything using an iron on those delicate fabrics! We found one on amazon for around $30ish.</p>

<p>Can someone verify what we can use on the walls? Would those decorative stickers be allowed?</p>

<p>STEAMER - Yeeeeessssss! DD would never use an iron, but the steamer is simple enough to use and doesn’t require all the set up/break down (putting away is still a skill to be learned by DD) that an ironing board and iron do. We spent about $20 at BB&B.</p>

<p>Anyone tried the Shark Steamer?</p>

<p>^^maddsm – We asked this question too. Son will be bringing the vinyl stickers. They are permitted. Most had no issues, but we were warned to carefully look at the paint before putting anything up. If the paint looks bubbled at all, then the sticker WILL ruin the wall and you will be charged.</p>

<p>use a hairdryer when you want to remove them. don’t ask how i know this! :)</p>

<p>DO NOT get the Shark steamer. We bought this first and ended up taking it back. Way more complicated than a steamer needed to be!</p>