Tape Measure Madness: Ridgecrest East

<p>It had to happen… ;-)</p>

<p>Does anyone know if you can put a bed and a desk against the window wall in a D room?</p>

<p>The floor plan measures as if you can…</p>

<p>This general subject is already coming up tonight at our house. We got in RCS-S. My D is going to the first BB and is plotting trying to get a look at her fall room then. I think BB housing is in Ridgecrest, maybe she can request her room. Her future roommates have the same session.</p>

<p>txdad13, you can not request a specific room number at BB. Your D can room with her future roomies, though, provided they all check in for BB together. </p>

<p>The actual rooms are all mostly the same though, except for a few rooms on the 5th floor and some doubles. There’s a thread with measurements of the RCS rooms. You can search for it if that would be helpful. Also bamagirls had some great decorating info for girls in another thread.</p>

<p>The RCS thread is called Tape Measure Madness…hence my “Son of” name for this thread</p>

<p>So, DOES anyone know if the bed and the desk will fit along the window wall of a D room in Ridgecrest East?</p>

<p>And, what is the actual clearance below the bed when it is lofted to its full height???</p>

<p>One can have the and desk along the window wall of a C room in Ridgecrest East/West and I remember seeing the same thing done in a D room. There’s only about 2-3 inches extra space when this is done however.</p>

<p>The actual clearance under the bed when lofted to its maximum height is about 33 inches. The dresser is 32 inches tall and fits under a bed which is lofted to its maximum height.</p>

<p>Sea-Tide! Your posts today, especially this answer, made my morning a happier one. Thank you!!!</p>

<p>Apparently, low numbered rooms are near the side stairwell, and even-numbered rooms face the lake (north?).</p>

<p>Low numbered rooms are nearest the bus stop and Ridgecrest West.</p>

<p>TXA - how are you finding this out? And do you know how to find it out for RCS?</p>

<p>SEA- tide gave me the info.</p>

<p>You should search this forum for the RCS version of “Tape Measure Madness”. It is a huge thread.</p>

<p>I have that thread bookmarked. :slight_smile: I was mainly wondering about where the different numbered rooms are in RCS, not so much the measurements. Although to be honest, I’m not even sure if S has a high or low number room - I know his room number, but I don’t know what the numbers go up to LOL.</p>

<p>Does the toilet in RCE have room to install one of those shelving units that stand over it???</p>

<p>Bumping.</p>

<p>Is the 24-36" window tension rods good for RCE?</p>

<p>What size for the living room window?</p>

<p>I lost my link – what can be put on the walls to hang items? I seem to remember the sticky 3M could be used.</p>

<p>Is a bedroom rug necessary? DS is a minimalist, but likes a warm floor.</p>

<p>I can’t help with the dimensions of the windows but there are rugs on the floors, except in the kitchen and bath area which has a type of linoleum. The rug is a very low pile type of flooring which I believe are carpet tiles.</p>

<p>What about room yo put the space saver shelves over the toilet??</p>

<p>I just measured my window in Ridgecrest West/East (the room layouts in each are designed the exact same in both West and East) and a 36" tension rod would be too small. I’m getting a measurement of around 40 inches where a tension rod would go.</p>

<p>The bedrooms, hallways, and living room have low pile carpet tiles. I think they are plenty warm. I don’t think I know of anyone in either building who has a bedroom rug. However, a few people, have decorative living room rugs. Bonus points to you if you can convince your son to have 1970s shag carpeting as a bedroom or living room rug for his dorm room. :slight_smile: You’d need around an 85" tension rod for the living room window. </p>

<p>The kitchen and bath areas have a linoleum floor which resembles tile. I have a rug at my sink and a bath mat in front of my shower. </p>

<p>There is room to put a shelving until over the toilet, but remember that the toilets do not have lids.</p>

<p>3M Command products can only be used in certain residence halls. Housing changed its policy on them at least once over the past couple of years.</p>

<p>No lids? Ewwwww</p>

<p>Thanks Sea_tide</p>

<p>Exactly how tall are the ceilings in the bedrooms?</p>

<p>Exactly (see how demanding I am…Roll Tide, lol) what is the width of the hallway?</p>

<p>The IKEA Catalog is like a drug for me!!! I can’t stop thinking!!!</p>

<p>The ceilings are 9’ tall and the hallway is 48" wide. FWIW, the carpet squares are 2’x2’.</p>