Congratulations... Welcome to the UM Family!

<p>Carterville High School – Carterville, Illinois
9/07-5/11
ACT Composite Score: 31
Class Rank: 14/117
GPA: 4.95/5 Weighted
Achievements
 High Honor Roll (9,10,11,12)
 Illinois State Scholar (11,12)
 School Talent Show Winner (12)
 Best Spanish Student Award (10)
 Copy Editor for Yearbook (12)
 Certified in CPR and First Aid/Member of American Red Cross
Activities
 Bowling Team- Varsity Starter for all four years. Have posted scores of 299 and 289. (9,10,11,12)
 Fall Play- Lead role junior year, mid-major role sophomore year (10,11)
 Alpha/Freshman Focus Leader- Peer leader for freshmen (school switched program from Alpha to Freshman Focus in between my junior and senior year) (11,12)
 Beta Club- Active in club for three years. Voted Vice President senior year. (10,11,12)
 Vice President of Class – Worked on homecoming float. Working on Project Graduation. (12)
 Commonwealth Honors Academy- Three week college program at Murray State. Participated in all three talent showcases at program. (Summer of ’10)
 Southern Illinois Healthcare Internship – Summer program where I interned in several departments in the hospital. Received college credit for projects. 70+ hours of community service. (Summer of ’09)
 Southern Illinois Kids Got Talent Show Finalist- Auditioned, rehearsed, and performed for charity talent show. Performed at auditorium hall in town. Self-arranged medley on piano with singing. (12)
Work Experience
Lawn Mower
 Mowed lawn regularly for retired couple in neighborhood for two summers
Interests
 Play guitar, piano, and sing. Have written original songs.</p>

<p>Theres my resume</p>

<p>The stats look pretty good, I’m now also confused as to why you didn’t get any sort of scholarship…</p>

<p>My son had very similar stats and was also snubbed, so you are not alone. (Although reading these posts it can seem that way.) We even appealed the decision and were turned down with the only explanation being that there was a strong applicant pool this year. The only thing I can think of is class rank. He had 31 ACT, 9 APs, 4.0 gpa, 4 yrs. varsity sport, strong recs and community service but missed top 10% by 1/2%. I see you also just slightly missed top 10%. I guess that’s what happens when you go to a really competitive school. Stinks.</p>

<p>Did you not take the SAT or SATII tests? Or did you just not report them. One of the filters they must use initially are those raw scores. 31 on ACT is good, but most of the folks who reported accepance on the EA thread had 33 and above.</p>

<p>Hmm I haven’t received a decision yet…</p>

<p>At this point I’m expecting a rejection, even with a 2220 SAT.</p>

<p>onimpulse, I tend to agree with you. Looking at last year, almost all the RD acceptances were reported over a two day period, March 5-6. Then about ten days laters the wait list and rejection posts started to come in here.</p>

<p>Well, here’s to hoping we’re both wrong. What is your Plan B?</p>

<p>^Have there been any reports of rejections yet?</p>

<p>Int’t student here still hasn’t got anything…</p>

<p>so my friend checked the myUM portal last night and received her letter of rejection via the website. </p>

<p>when I log on, however, no indication of acceptance nor rejection pops up - so I’m assuming that there is still a chance for those of us with NOTHING on our pages.</p>

<p>stay hopeful!</p>

<p>I am also an Int’l student. applied ea and was deferred. Nothing yet. sooooo nervous</p>

<p>mikeyyfreshhh, I really do hope you’re right.</p>

<p>Maybe my lack of notification has to do with applying from outside the United States? Who knows? No international student has yet posted an acceptance.</p>

<p>@onimpulse I hope I’m right too! it doesn’t make any sense. Already sent them an email so I’ll let everyone know should I get a response.</p>

<p>Hi Dufor. Any news yet? I am also an international. Called yesterday and someone in the admission office told me all responses shall be out, but office will be close until Monday. It will be a very long weekend…</p>

<p>hangingin- Still nothing…I thought I’d see my decision after the system maintenance but oops, still nothing yet. All reponses shall be out? Well I guess we’ll see our decisions just after the tormenting weekend.</p>

<p>just got waitlisted. was deferred in the EA pool.</p>

<p>Wait listed. Oh well. Won’t stay on the waitlist.</p>

<p>Must now decide between Baylor, UC Irvine, UC Santa Barbara, SMU, UCLA, TCU, and Tulane.</p>

<p>waitlisted isn’t that bad! but at least you guys actually GOT decisions… my portal is still empty. does this mean I too was waitlisted?</p>

<p>I just got accepted yay!!!</p>

<p>@cristina001 congrats =) still don’t have a message on my online portal! superb.</p>

<p>^Don’t worry neither do I… this is making me so tense.</p>