Congratulations... Welcome to the UM Family!

<p>Exactly. 1220. 680M 540 CR. I didn’t even expect the acceptance letter at all.</p>

<p>What are all your stats? Are you a legacy or a urm?</p>

<p>@SVMMom:</p>

<p>GPA:3.93 UW (out of 4.00)
SATI:680M 540CR 620W (1840)
SATII: 700Math II 650 US History
E/Cs: Leader of a rock band, vice-captain of soccer team, treasurer in council, 500+ community service hours, TAs, and all others that I cannot think of right now.</p>

<h2>Not a great resume, but perhaps UM likes me :)</h2>

<p>And nope, I don’t have any parents/siblings attending in UM and also not in a URM.</p>

<p>I’d bet your recs were stellar, and your essay was spotless! :slight_smile: Congrats, hope to see you here next year!</p>

<p>@rankinr:
Here, you mean UM?</p>

<p>I got in :smiley: for engineering… 16$k scholarship :D</p>

<p>Congrats SpEeDyZ! I got in for BME</p>

<p>Would you mind sharing your stats? I didn’t get any scholarship offers :(</p>

<p>waitlisted days ago but received a letter with acceptance for Spring.</p>

<p>Accepted EA with $24,000 :)</p>

<p>Can i ask whether you are notified of your scholarship in the admission notification on the online portal?</p>

<p>I still do not have a decision. They told me that only EA and ED decisions were released, but three of my friends (all of whom attend different high schools than I) already got their decisions and had applied RD! What is happening to me! HELP!</p>

<p>No decision here either. I have a friend that applied RD also (she got her decision already). Hmm…</p>

<p>I’m not sure. I received a half-pound DHL package with a letter and a scholarship notification.</p>

<p>I got notified of the merit based scholarship initially in the acceptance packet. However, now it shows up on the online portal because my financial aid package is posted online.</p>

<p>I have a question for you all… Has anyone heard of somebody actually being accepted during regular decision after being deferred early action? I am not considering wait listed or spring admission a “form” of acceptance.</p>

<p>Hi, new to the forum. Accepted at UCM & will be a freshman this fall 2011 - majoring in Biological Science.</p>

<p>collegetime229: This is what happened with me. Deferred, then accepted very soon after!</p>

<p>Accepted! :D</p>

<p>I think there must be some animus from Adcoms in Florida toward CA applicants –</p>

<p>Accepted into:</p>

<ul>
<li>UCLA</li>
<li>Wake Forest</li>
<li>UC Berkeley</li>
<li>UC San Diego</li>
<li>UC Santa Barbara</li>
<li>Tulane</li>
<li>George Washington</li>
<li>SMU/Fordham/Boston U</li>
</ul>

<p>and wait listed at Miami… and REJECTED at Florida. Hmmm Is there a secret password that Florida adcoms respond well to, such as SWAMP, or Sqeeters, or something?</p>

<p>As far as UF is concerned, I’ve been told it’s practically impossible to get in there if you’re out of state.</p>

<p>Other than that, UM is normally pretty equal across all states, though I think they’re actually partial to those people who are from out of state to increase our famed diversity.</p>

<p>And if you had put SWAMP in your application to UM, I’m pretty sure you would have been rejected regardless of the quality of the rest of your application ;)</p>

<p>In any case, good luck, I hope you get off of the waitlist! :)</p>