Connecticut Student & Parent Reception

<p>Hi all,
This is just to let you know that this year’s Student & Parent Reception will take place at The Greenwich Country Club.</p>

<p>This is always a popular event, so come early. The speakers are awesome and the free food is yummy. You can go to the NY Recruiters page and sign up for the event but you can also just show up. In the past, if you have registered there was a name tag for your student. (they have also given out t-shirts).</p>

<p>I suggest coming early to get something to eat before the presentation and speeches begin. Just an FYI, many students dress in Buisness Casual and I have seen plenty of houndstooth, and crimson & white on both students and parents.</p>

<p>November 11, 2014 (7:00 PM - 8:30 PM) : UA Connecticut Student and Parent Recruitment Reception
Greenwich Country Club : Greenwich, Connecticut</p>

<p>Hopefully some who went to previous years’ presentations will post here. I know that some now hang-out on the Facebook UA Parents group. </p>

<p>I will bump this for prospective students and parents.</p>

<p>I have not been to the CT reception in a few years but it is a well attended event at a very nice Country Club. Parking is ample and the food is excellent. I was there when Dr. Wit (then UA President, current UA Chancellor) was the keynote speaker. He was an exceptional speaker and well worth hearing. Since then I have attended several receptions in NY with different speakers and they have all been very good and entertaining. The event is a must do in my opinion for any prospective student and their parents.</p>

<p>Bumping to keep current.</p>

<p>This event takes place this evening.</p>

<p>If anyone went to tonight’s event, could you provide an update…thanks.</p>

<p>Anyone…???</p>

<p><a href=“Class of '19 Roll Call...who's applied and who's been accepted - #371 by CTFootball - University of Alabama - College Confidential Forums”>Class of '19 Roll Call...who's applied and who's been accepted - #371 by CTFootball - University of Alabama - College Confidential Forums;

<p>Post #370 on this page.</p>

<p>I was recently admitted to UA and I attended this event with my dad at the Greenwich CC last week. The atmosphere was great along with good food and speakers. The current student speaker was from Fairfield CT and chose Alabama with out seeing it first and now loves it which was great to hear. I really enjoyed speaking to the other local school seniors interested in Alabama at my table as well. I was also able to speak to a friendly and informative woman from the business school before leaving. I would recommend going to this reception to any future students interested in attending University of Alabama. And you get a free UA tee shirt! Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!! Happy to hear your positive feedback. Thank You :)</p>