Creating a Schedule at Bama Bound

Hello, I read a tip earlier that it is helpful to have your schedule assembled in the schedule builder on mybama before bama bound so that you have an easier time getting the classes that you want. However, my daughter is going to be a freshman at the University of Alabama this fall and she doesn’t know where to start in choosing a schedule. She is going in with an undeclared major, but leaning towards the sciences (Should she declare a major or just go in undeclared??). She is also a part of the stem mba program with a concentration in pre-medicine to go on to medical school. How can she know what classes to take (& what professors to take them with), how do AP credits fit in, and how many credits do you take without overloading yourself? @mom2collegekids I know that you’ve done this before, do you have any advice? Thank you all in advance for your help!!

Schedule builder wasn’t very helpful, IMO, as many of the lower level classes are fully blocked off. They open them during Bama Bound sessions. You won’t know what is really full and what isn’t until you get there.

My son had a lot of AP credit already, but this year’s exam scores haven’t posted yet. His advisor had already marked off all the ones that he could use for his degree. They suggested taking 15 or 16 credits, so if a class doesnt work out or is too hard, you can drop one without falling to part-time and risk loss of scholarship or financial aid.

My advice is not to stress to much about the schedule right now.