CU Boulder Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Looks like the application deadline is February 7th, @SAR1223, @RedPup, @Dallasbound
https://cuengineeringhonors.com/apply/application-instructions/

2 Likes

Is there any way to get graduation rates per department?

1 Like

You should feel very lucky and honored. With super high stats, my child got accepted into Aerospace but no merit. 4.0+ GPA, 7+ AP courses including three physics, very high scores on ACT and SAT. We excited about the acceptance.

4 Likes

Congrats. Same here OOS with Aerospace acceptance but no merit.

Thx for the good wishes ! CU was one he was looking forward to, as a cousin goes there. Its quite a shocker as people with much weaker stats seem to have gotten directly into CS. Perhaps it was the combo of OOS + asian-male + cs. Oh well - onwards.

1 Like

When we visited, some of the students talked about how ES was really very useful to them and how it didnā€™t prevent them from getting into their final majors. One of the people posted that the kid got a scholarship. I donā€™t know if that is the case with you, but I would think that if you got a scholarship and ES, youā€™re highly valued. My kid got into the program but no money despite incredible stats similar to your sonā€™s.

Thx ! He did get the chancellor scholarship (6.5k/yr). But, given that he has other options, with direct admits to CS (and more merit schol, though it isnt a big diff), will have to pass on CU.

While i am sure the ES program is great for undecided students, he is pretty set on what he wants to do. Like one of the commenters mentioned, going through ES means he would be averse to claiming AP credits and jumping straight to the more advanced courses (to derisk grades).

Congrats! My daughter is also astronomy/astrophysics. We arenā€™t sure where she will end up yet but CU Boulder is definitely an appealing option.

2 Likes

Thank you! The merit was definitely a nice surprise. She is a high stats kid too (4.0+ & 1510) and NMSF but I didnā€™t have expectations for merit from many of the state universities (except University of Arizona). Iā€™m excited to see how the rest of the options play out.

1 Like

Anyone have tips on increasing merit money? Daughter receives way more money from Indiana and Oregon.

1 Like

Write a persuasive letter to fin aid dept. show intent to commit if merit is increased

1 Like

Full ride to Arkansas. Sad, but we are not made of money.

2 Likes

Graduation rates per major are listed in a specific graph - you need to find it on their site as I canā€™t post it hereā€¦ If I look up my daughters specific details for aerospace engineering - 96% graduation rate. Better than at most c

3 Likes

very bottom of letter is a link to scholarship letter. check if thereā€™s an attachment.

1 Like

Went to the basketball game at CU on Saturday night. It was really fun even though no band (I guess because school hasnā€™t restarted yet?) even though we lost. Down 17 and came back to within 1.

CU is a fun school.

2 Likes

We are wondering the same thing about scholarship application essays. Any more information on that?

scholarship team said - You are welcome to reuse your essays from the common application on your CU Boulder Scholarship Application. The scholarship review committee does not have access to your common application. Often, the essays from your common application can provide a good foundation, but still may need some adjustments to ensure they are addressing the new prompted questions.

6 Likes

Iā€™m from AR and it is an awesome university. That part of the state is really beautiful and lots of fun! Itā€™s a great choice and Razorback fans are crazy! :grin:

Same here. My daughter got more money from Miami, but she really wants CU. I like the ā€œpersuasive letterā€ idea!

Thatā€™s a great idea! Has it ever worked for anyone?