Current Junior at Purdue- Any Questions about Purdue?

<p>Thank you so much for answering my questions! I have more… sorry! ><:</p>

<ol>
<li>If I decide to double major at Purdue, will I lose my scholarship? (Presidential) They said I’d lose it if I changed my major… but I wouldn’t be changing my major, just adding on to it.</li>
<li>If I try to transfer out of Purdue, will I lose my scholarship? (yeah yeah, i know, i might like purdue and want to stay, but we’ll see lol) I’m sure I’ll need to contact some office informing them that I plan on transferring. If I get rejected from the schools I try to transfer to, I’ll have to stay at Purdue… and I don’t want to lose my scholarship in that case.</li>
<li>Do I HAVE to go to STAR? I heard something saying if you don’t go, you don’t get priority in classes. That kinda’ sucks, but I’m sure I’ll get something. My parents will flip if I have to go there just for a day or two. (I’m OOS)</li>
</ol>

<p>I know star is an absolute must. You go there to take placement exams, meet with advisor, get your schedule, etc. and there are many available dates for star though. They told me it was basically orientation so you can’t just blow this aside. If you absolutely cannot come I would contact them and see what they can do for you</p>

<p>Sent from my LG-VM696 using CC</p>

<p>At Purdue, when can you play sports outside like soccer?</p>

<p>Fire123: There are outdoor soccer fields across the street from Hillenbrand and Shreve halls.</p>

<p>My bad, that was not my question.
I wanted to know “WHEN” you can play soccer outside as in which months of the year?</p>

<p>I looked up the Purdue intramural 's website but there is very limited info because some pages require a login. Some schedules I could find show only 3 game season? Could that be right?</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure that as long as the fields aren’t already being used by, say, intramural sports, you can use the fields. I don’t think the goals are always set up, but you can always get some cones or sticks and make a makeshift goal if you want. Otherwise, join/ create a intramural soccer team?</p>

<p>Would you recommend the First Street Towers for dorming? And should I get the meal plan?</p>

<p>The actual rooms for First Street Towers are very small. You can see here:
[url=&lt;a href=“404 Page Not Found | Purdue University Residences”&gt;First Street Towers | Purdue University Residences]Information[/url</a>]
That being said, one of my friends moved there after a horrible roommate experience and loves it! It is quite a bit more expensive though.</p>

<p>If you do live in any of the dorms (besides Hilltop), you are required to be in a meal plan (pretty sure). Only Hilltop students can omit a meal plan, since every one of their dorms has a kitchen in the room.</p>

<p>Thanks for your answers!</p>

<p>I think I’m going to look into an apartment… I know bjunior92 recommended I live on campus, but the dorms aren’t really appealing to me except First Street, but it’s incredibly expensive. Plus, I tend to be a loner lol. Like, I LOOOOOOVE friends but I’d rather live by myself. :)</p>

<p>With that being said, any suggestions on how to make friends when you’re not living on campus?</p>

<p>First street tower is like on campus o.o </p>

<p>Talk to your neighbors I guess that would be a start lol.</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure Purdue Village is also meal plan optional. Rent for studios near campus can be pretty pricey as well. Not as expensive as First Street of course, but living on campus is a good experience for most people. As for making new friends, attend Boiler Gold Rush (BGR). You come to campus a week before classes start and get put in groups. And as an off campus student, you’ll be with other off campus students. Basically, you attend presentations and go on Meijer and target runs where there’s free stuff and pretty good deals. Also, talk to people in your classes and join some kind of club.</p>

<ol>
<li><p>How does the mailing work? I know like where you get it but what if you have a large package how do you get it? Of course I mean in the dorms.</p></li>
<li><p>Idk slip my mind</p></li>
</ol>

<p>If you get something that doesn’t fit I’m your mailbox, you get an email about it. You go to your hall’s front desk and give them your id. They swipe it, and you get your package.</p>

<p>I missed the deadline for merit-based financial aid as a freshman applicant but got accepted to Purdue. So can I apply for scholarships like during my freshman year for the next three years?</p>

<p>As researcher in scholarships there are many scholarships available for college students.</p>

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I wanted to ask if anyone knew more information about this. Would deciding to enroll before receiving official financial aid eligibility notice affect the amount of aid one is eligible for?</p>

<p>(After hearing an estimate from a finaid officer though.)</p>

<p>It shouldn’t…</p>

<p>Thanks Descuff</p>

<p>What would you say is the highlight of the campus to you? Or experience wise</p>

<p>Also, is sending in a final school report alright, or does purdue require an entire final transcript?</p>

<p>Purdue surely want your final transcript. </p>