Daughters Chances?

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>We visited the campus this week. Loved it. Some had asked why my daughter isn't doing moreof the search work. She has been working alot of 12 hour + days to help pay for school.....so I dont mind helping too.</p>

<p>Anyway, I saw where she fits on the Profile Sheet they give out, but still wonder what all the details might tell.</p>

<p>She is;
3.9 GPA
28ACT
In State
First Generation to go to school
Top 5%-10% of HS class
Outstanding Writer
5 years english, 3 science, 4 spanish, 4 social studies, Lots of art (thinking art therapy/psychology), AP Psychology, AP english.
National Honor Society.
Youth Tutoring Youth type of thing with disabled kids.</p>

<p>EC's; not a lot of school based. More things like 16 years of dance (including teachig), church youth org., member of lots of things - but not leadership positions. Many of her interesets fall outside of the school setting...piano, guitar, art, etc.... And working on keeping grades up.</p>

<p>I assume she'll have excellent teacher recommendations.</p>

<p>What else do you need to know?</p>

<p>Thanks, DJD</p>

<p>Looks good but just in case have a safety too. I think she has around an 80- 90% chance and I would be shocked she did not get in.</p>

<p>Lots of qualified kids apply to UW-Madison (of course, you know that). In my daughter's high school graduating class last year, four kids with stats similar to your daughter's were placed on the wait list there...and they were all eventually admitted. </p>

<p>So many kids are applying to so many schools that it sometimes takes awhile for the admissions people to arrive at a decision for kids with very good, but not over-the-top, stats like the ones you listed.</p>

<p>Don't lose hope if your daughter doesn't get admitted in the first round!</p>

<p>Do have her get her application in early, she may also want to apply to U of Minn and La Crosse and/ or Eau Claire also.</p>

<p>Uh, I'm pretty sure she's in. I see no need for her to apply to Eau Claire or LaX. </p>

<p>Minnesota, sure though.</p>