Dean’s and President’s List for Spring 2013

<p>The Dean’s and President’s List for Spring 2013 is up.
[University</a> of Alabama News » Dean?s List Students Named for UA Spring 2013 Term](<a href=“http://uanews.ua.edu/2013/07/deans-list-students-named-for-ua-spring-2013-term/]University”>http://uanews.ua.edu/2013/07/deans-list-students-named-for-ua-spring-2013-term/)</p>

<p>Congratulations to all!</p>

<p>Congratulations…so many smart students at the Capstone…ROLL TIDE</p>

<p>He’s gonna make me call him Mr. President.</p>

<p>Congrats to all the outstanding students!!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Here’s a fun factoid about the President’s List. My son got 3 A’s and 2 A+'s in the five graded courses he took last semester, yet didn’t make the President’s List.</p>

<p>Why? Because he took a 1 credit film internship that takes 2 or more semesters for most students to complete because of the immense number of hours it requires. As with all students in his shoes, he received a grade of I (incomplete), which UA temporarily counts against his GPA as an F until he completes his hours.</p>

<p>I asked him how he felt about this and he repeated his mantra, reserved for situations such as these: “First-world problem, Dad. First-world problem.” :)</p>

<p>Congrats to all the UA scholars who lit it up last semester.</p>

<p>Class2012Mom - you need to do your magic stat-analysis on this list. Last semester 12 pages…this semester 7 pages. Are the pages longer, or are there a lot less students on these lists? Also, last semester you did that break down by state. When you got a spare moment, can you do it again for us? Thanks in advance! ;)</p>

<p>THRILLED to say my daughter’s name is on the list!!!</p>

<p>Noticed the page count as well…</p>

<p>Also, don’t forget that as your students take more difficult classes and perhaps heavier loads, there might be a change in their GPA.</p>

<p>Thanks! I am happy to see my son’s name there for the first time. :)</p>

<p>Son is not on the list (some day!) but I’m so happy for all of those who are. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Thanks, malanai, for that. H was so bent out of shape for S not making Dean’s List. Give me a break. He got a 3.497 GPA. Seriously, I was so thrilled with the grades he got. As time goes on, classes get tougher, and they’re not always going to make Dean’s List, much less President’s List. At this point, I’m more concerned about him getting a job than making any kind of list. I don’t even hound him any more about joining honor societies. Thanks to the words of wisdom from your son. There’s a lot worse things than not making the Dean’s List.</p>

<p>And congratulations to all those who made the lists. Very proud of you!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Hallelujah. Perspective is everything.</p>

<p>Congratulations to all!</p>

<p>Congrats to everyone. My poor son (yes that’s sarcastic) missed Presidents List by like 3/10 of a point. Not too shabby. Now the tough part will start. I imagine Freshman year is the easiest.</p>

<p>Same here, Proudmama3. My son took a harder schedule this past semester, but I also know he had a lot more fun outside of class, too. So…I guess DL is okay. :)</p>