Decision Times

<p>I applied to Virginia Tech Regular Decision. Will I really have to wait until next year to find out if I got accepted. I'm an in state student and I have a 4.3 GPA</p>

<p>Yes. Sigh.</p>

<p>Yes, but if your SATs were high enough to qualify for an invitation to apply for the Honors College, depending on when you applied that will probably come sometime in late January/early February giving you a tip off (kind of a likely letter), with an acceptances starting to come in batches in mid-late February (again for HC eligible students).</p>

<p>This is what I remember for 2011, someone correct me if that was not the case also for 2012 (last year).</p>

<p>Edit to add: I looked through posts in Feb 2012 and it looks like Honors eligible applicants started getting notifications on 2/17, so unless they change something for this admission cycle you might expect something around the same timeframe. International applicants started getting notifications in early February which caused a bit of confusion/concern (i.e. why wasn’t everyone hearing).</p>

<p>Yes, being a in-state student and having a high gpa does not give you priority to know in advanced if you got accepted unless you applied early decision/action.</p>