decisions, stats, discussion

<p>I was accepted</p>

<p>~3.5 UW, 11 ap credits, 2160 sat (760 m, 700 cr, 700 w)
mediocre EC's, but because I am currently on a gap year I was able to do things that improved my application by showing I am getting more involved in life (volunteering, working, lots of reading, took 3 community college classes first semester)</p>

<p>I think the main reason I was accepted is that i am clearly someone who would benefit from the block learning system. I estimated myself to have a 50-60% chance of acceptance</p>

<p>I'm curious to see how other peoples' decisions line up with their stats</p>

<p>I was accepted as well!</p>

<p>~ 3.8 UW GPA w/8 A.P. classes
~ 31 ACT
~ Tons of extracurriculars/leadership: Student Council President, NHS VP, Pianist at church, 1st chair flutist in top band and flute ensemble, hospital volunteer, etc.
~ Great recommendation letters</p>

<p>The great thing is that I received a LOT of aid! My EFC was about $5,000. CC gave me enough grants so that I would have ~$1,500 in loans/yr and my parents would have to pay ~$4,000/yr. That’s totally doable! I received my package yesterday and my whole family is ecstatic!</p>

<p>I think the main reasons that I was accepted and received such a generous package are that I showed interest by interviewing with an admissions counselor when he came to my area, I wrote a unique essay to the prompt asking me to design my own class, and I am very involved in my school and community.</p>

<p>So for those wanting to get in, here are my tips for you:</p>

<p>Show interest, be passionate, and be involved.</p>

<p>Good luck! :)</p>

<p>Waitlisted</p>

<p>~3.51 UW GPA w/3 APs
~1880 SAT (600 cr, 630 m, 650 w)</p>

<p>I sent in a music supplement and that may have helped me be offered a spot on the wait list rather than denied.</p>

<p>Denied</p>

<p>3.5 Unweighted GPA, 30 ACT, 800 US History Subject Test, 720 Literature Subject Test</p>

<p>I’m really involved in theater (7 high school shows, 1 professional), played three sports, started two clubs while in high school</p>

<p>I think fit was a big issue with me. I don’t know if the block plan was the right thing for me, and the admissions staff probably recognized this.</p>

<p>Accepted. 4.0 GPA, 34 ACT, rank 2/80
NHS president, newspaper editor, XC team captain, tennis team captain, class president junior year, academic team state placer (it’s easier to get involved with more ECs at a small school).
Hospital volunteer work, church volunteer work.</p>

<p>Colorado College is at the top of my list. I received no scholarship, and the grants/loans didn’t give me near the amount I or FAFSA’s EFC had anticipated. Not sure if my family can afford it, unfortunately.</p>

<p>Sorry to hear that owlehn but obviously your application is awesome and you will get in somewhere great. You could also appeal a decision for merit aid. How did chicago work out for you?</p>

<p>I got waitlisted at UofC. Did you apply there as well?</p>

<p>And since my last post, I’ve become a little more optimistic about paying for CC. There are ways to bring the price tag down (outside scholarships I’m still waiting to hear back from, a summer job, work-study, cutting back on family expenses elsewhere, etc). I think it could actually be doable. It just won’t be as easy as I had hoped!</p>

<p>My mentality tends to change on a whim, though, so we’ll see if my optimism continues. Haha.</p>

<p>Waitlisted</p>

<p>gpa uw: 3.67
sat: 2050 (m:720 cr:670 w:660)
senior class load: ap english, advanced chem, advanced bio, advanced topics spanish, ap calc bc. (ap calc ab and ap physics junior year)</p>

<p>I have a lot of ec’s with sports, concert/jazz/marching band, nhs, ext… I was captain of the alpine ski team and I also worked a life guard the past two summersd. I have a decent amount of community service too, but not like ridiculous. My essays were pretty good. </p>

<p>uhm, I don’t know why I was waitlisted. Maybe my gpa?</p>

<p>Yes owlehn, I was also waitlisted UofC. I’m surprised you were, also! What a brutal year for college admissions</p>

<p>I was waitlisted and to be honest I was really surprised.</p>

<p>UW GPA: 3.875
10 AP’s
Bio (5) World History (5) English Lang (5) Chem (4) Calc (4)
SAT: 2120
ACT: 32</p>

<p>Varsity Lacrosse, NHS, Gymnastics</p>

<p>I think my essays were pretty good and I think my recs were too idk why I wasn’t accepted. Can we call and ask?</p>

<p>I think that would be a little out of line, ebtrvl, but I too am surprised that you were waitlisted. Did you demonstrate a lot of interest? Perhaps they were wary about how you would adapt to the block plan?</p>

<p>I got waitlisted. Intl’ student </p>

<p>SAT:2280
Decent ECs (compared with those of my friends).</p>

<p>DoinSchool it may have been that I didn’t show enough interest because I didn’t visit, but I’m not sure how they would be able to judge how I would adapt to the block plan from my application. Is there anything I should do to increase my chances of getting off the waitlist?</p>

<p>Re: getting off the waitlist. </p>

<p>You need to write a sincere letter explaining why CC is the best possible school for you in terms of interest and fit. Explain how you will thrive under the Block Plan. Tell how your presence will benefit CC–what you specifically will bring to the school in terms of leadership, achievement or diversity. </p>

<p>If you had correspondence or an interview with a particular admissions counselor there, address your letter to him/her. If you haven’t (or can’t remember) try to find out which ad rep handles your geographic area and address your letter to him/her. (Your college guidance counselor might know–ask.)</p>

<p>Make your letter as specific and heartfelt as possible. Mention course or professor at CC that are of particular interest to you.</p>

<p>If possible, have your college guidance counselor call CC and ask why you were waitlisted then tailor your letter to address the reasons.</p>

<p>Oh, and keep the letter brief–not more 1 page including all headers, closing and signature.</p>

<p>Why i haven’t heard anything from admission office? I am an international school, though</p>

<p>i was accepted but haven’t yet received my final financial aid package…do you think i should call the FA office?</p>

<p>I was accepted, too!</p>

<p>3.4 GPA, 8-9 AP/IB courses, 1140 sat</p>

<p>two 4 year ECs, other misc. EC’s, not much volunteer hours, went to Paris and NSLC after sophomore year, interviewed and visited, applied EA.</p>

<p>I’m sorry about people who were waitlisted. I hope it works out for you. I still haven’t gotten my financial aid, I’m very worried though, since CC is my top choice, I hope I am able to afford it.</p>

<p>I e-mailed the admissions, and they told me that the notification should arrive by the end of March.</p>

<p>got my financial aid package and it is almost exactly like the estimated package…which was amazing!!! I’m very happy with the package</p>

<p>Hi. My son was accepted at CC! I was bowled over by the lovely personal, hand written note of congratulations. It commented on what they liked about him and what they hoped he pursue in college. Is this typical of college acceptances? Will other decisions come with a personal note?</p>