Deferred Decision Early?

<p>For deferred students, does miami ever let you know before april 15? my college counselor spoke with my miami rep who said that her only concern was my test scores, and i just took them and feel pretty confident, so once she receives the scores by feb, if they are within the accepted range, would they at least tell me/my college counselor of my acceptance verbally?</p>

<p>I think they’ll normally tell you at the same time as the Early Action applicants… try be sure you get them the updated scores before the Regular Decision deadline, because they probably won’t make a final decision on your application until they have a complete view of the applicant pool.</p>

<p>And there are, of course, those unlucky folks who get deferred ED, then deferred again, then waitlisted. But if you have new information, like your test scores, that can probably push it in your favor.</p>

<p>well they said they were putting me in the RD pool so that wouldnt be until april. im taking both the dec ACTS and the feb ACTS with professional tutoring and plan to get straight As this semester on honor roll. do you know of anything else i can do to make sure i get accepted?</p>

<p>champion101 jw what were your act scores??? i applied early decision as well and my low act scores are weighing me down :/</p>

<p>well my SAT scores were 1190: CR- 560 and Math- 630. but i just took the ACTs for the first time yesterday and they worked a LOT better for me so im expecting anywhere between a 27 and 31.</p>

<p>lucky! :frowning: i have to improve mine. my scores are a 23. but i got a 30 in the english section!
my scores are so low because i have adhd and ACT denied me for extended time :frowning:
i was hoping UM would have been more flexible about my scores considering.</p>

<p>The last few years, RD decisions have been released in early to mid March. Good luck.</p>

<p>Champion: keep it up…keep in communication with your rep and don’t be discouraged if you are waitlisted RD…</p>

<p>Let them know it’s your first choice, you will come if accepted…(obv if you applied ED) but keep letting them know that hasn’t changed, especially with that new ACt score…</p>

<p>Trust me…it works…</p>

<p>omg they sometimes waitlist you AGAIN!? i dont think i could handle that… is there anything i can do (besides keeping in communication with them) to make sure that DOESNT happen??</p>

<p>well my regional rep said she see can see me there and that she thinks it would be a good fit for me i just need to work on my scores…so if i were to get my ACTs up to an acceptable score it shouldnt be a problem…right?</p>

<p>got deferred ED also got a 2100 but a 3.0 GPA I go to a top public school and I love Miami so I’m a little ****ed any thoughts on my chances?</p>

<p>for the record i said p-i-s-s-e-d</p>

<p>@ stlunatic888 - I have a 2210 SAT with a 3.0 GPA</p>

<p>I’ll let you know if i get in</p>

<p>yeah please do let me know, you e.d or e.a</p>