Deferred to regular decision

<p>If I got deferred into the regular admission pool, what are my chances of getting in regular? I'm really worried because tech is my top school and I feel that with more applicants applying for regular decision it will be harder. Any thoughts?</p>

<p>Don’t worry. My friend got of the waitlist last year with GPA 3.5 w and 1500/2400. It’s just luck. How do you feel about your essays and recommendations?</p>

<p>My essays were SUPER strong to say the least. I was extremely proud of them and I had three professionals read my writing and they all agreed that I have excellent voice in my writing which I assume is good. My recommendation was written by my AP English teacher from last year, and I received an A in it and her and I are close so I’m sure she wrote a great recommendation. I also am applying as a communications major… My sat scores weren’t as strong… 1750/2400. I got A’s in my AP classes last year and am doing ok this year…so what do you think?</p>

<p>Not sure why u didn’t get it… you can call their office and they’ll tell you why you didn’t get in. It’s your information and they won’t withhold it from you. Best of luck :)</p>

<p>Agree with the post above. What is your GPA? 2011 Entering class raised the average GPA up to a 4.0 so may be GPA could have been a factor but I am not sure. As the other post say, call and ask them since most of the admission officer not really busy since the second round of the application won’t come for a while</p>

<p>VT admissions are very numbers driven so essays don’t really count for much.</p>

<p>My gpa is 3.94, SAT scores are not that great, it’s only 1100. I honestly think my SATs are what’s bringing me down, so what do you think are my chances if I do well ending this semester?</p>

<p>have you taken the ACT?? some people do much better on the ACT than the SAT, and most schools (including vt) will look at either. Maybe look into that. My SAT score wasn’t much higher than yours, I had a 1140 (CR+M). Doing well this semester, I’m sure is important. But if you’d done well in the past, which by looking at your GPA, you have, i’m not sure what the problem is. Seriously, i think your best bet is to call admissions and find out from them what their opinion is.</p>

<p>Yes I took the ACT but it still was not string enough and the next test date is February 11 and that’s too late. Should I take the SAT again?</p>

<p>When is the next SAT date? Stay in touch with the admission office (but dont bother them) so they know you are still interested in the admission. Your GPA is strong so I think you have a good chance of getting in, SAT score is only one factor. Remember that Early action is sorta harder since they do have a smaller pool and they cannot just accept everyone in the early pool then leave no space for the regular who might be stronger</p>