Did You Get Accepted to NYU Class of 2027? Get All Your Questions Answered by the School - Exclusive AMA w/ NYU on Thu, Apr 6 @ 4-5pm ET

@Penelope22, students will be considered for their first choice fully before their second choice. We recommend students to put down their TOP choice for their first choice, not which program is easier to get into. So you can pick one as first choice, the other as second choice. No preference or “easy way” either way, just pick which one you want.

@Penelope22 what do you mean by impacted?

You both are fantastic by the way. Thanks for entertaining all my questions. I noticed there is tech and entrepreneurship in both Tandon and Stein. Which is easier to get into?

@Mei_2023, Yes and Yes (typically, second major has to be within CAS).

At some universities, you have to enter as CS else you will never get in. For example, UIUC.

Thank you.

For Tisch, does your portfolio have to be the traditional film or can you submit VR/AR content?

1. Around 8%

2. No official number as of yet.

3. Paulson, Weinstein, Goddard, Lipton (Honorable Mention to Brittany and 3rd North).

How many classes should freshmen take? 4-5?

@Penelope22, guidelines are on the Tisch School of the Arts website for each program. We recommend sticking with the guidelines to not harm your application strength.

@Mei_2023, each student averages about 4 classes per semester. Academic Advisor will walk you through it.

At early decision, if a student does not get their first choice, but rather their second choice or liberal studies core, are they still obligated to attend?

@Penelope22, we do not do that here at NYU. Select the program that you wish to study here at NYU. No hidden language here, on the website or with the admissions team.

1 Like

@Penelope22, second choice admitted students for ED are not bound to the ED agreement.

Nope! At NYU, if one does get into their first choice program for ED, they are not obligated to attend

1 Like

Are grandparents considered legacy?

Hello Everyone! My name is Khalifa Niasse. I am an Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions at NYU and also an alum (Steinhardt, Media, Culture & Communication, Class of 2015). Love to see you all here. Can’t wait to answer your questions!

Can anyone please answer my questions? :pray:

@Yinka106, I am not too sure but regarding number 3. it is not possible to transfer between campuses

My daughter majors in communication. What is its career pathway? I was not able to find it through school web. Is it hard to find summer internship