Do I even have a chance?

I applied on July 2nd & all of my documents were received on August 1st. I only have a 2.93 GPA & a 1400 SAT score. My extracurricular activities include volunteering at a hospital & church involvement.

My question is, should I be hopeful? I’m really nervous & don’t think I have a chance after reading threads here. Do I have a chance?

The earlier you apply, the better chance you have. Are you an instate or out of state student?

@robotbldmom Out of State.

Since you do not qualify for the large merit awards, have you discussed the cost of attendance with your parents?

The Out of State costs, without merit scholarships, listed on The University of Alabama’s website is
Approximately $47,000 per year.

See this link:
https://www.ua.edu/about/quickfacts

Is that the new SAT? Or the old SAT? If it’s the Old SAT, then what is your M+CR score?

Also…have you asked your parents if they’ll pay the $45k+ per year for you to go to UA if accepted?

@robotbldmom @mom2collegekids Yes, my parents are prepared to pay oos cost. M+CR is 870 … :confused:

Are you going to retest?

You need to take the new SAT to see if you can get a better score.

If Bama is concerned about your test score, then they will NOT accept you until much later while they wait for new scores to be sent.

@mom2collegekids I do plan to retest in October. Will admissions hold off on send mind me an answer until I send new scores? If they do reject me for Fall 2017, can I retest and apply again for the same term a little later?

If Bama thinks your scores are too low, they will not reject you until it’s too late to send new scores.

So, Bama would hold off their decision (if they think scores are too low), until about Feb or March, as they wait for the latest scores to come in.

So just to be clear, you think I probably won’t hear from them until I send new scores?

@mom2collegekids ^

I don’t know. That’s why I wrote: “IF Bama thinks your scores are too low…”

I don’t know if Bama will think that or not. Bama is often lenient at the beginning of the app season.