Do i Have a shot for Wisconsin?

<p>Hey so I'm a Junior in CA, wondering about what my shot is at Wisconsin. here's the profile</p>

<p>ACT Composite: 33 </p>

<p>SAT IIs: Span: 770 Lit: 710 </p>

<p>AP's: Span- 5 Eng- 4 US History- 3</p>

<p>Wisconsin GPA: 3.44 (with hardest courses)</p>

<p>ECs listed on app: football, track, was in 2 clubs, and work</p>

<p>Job/Work Experience: did finances that were really receipts at a family friend's company and also had a job too</p>

<p>Essays (subject and responses): already started so they should be very good- on two hardships that have come down on me the last 2 years, and my dealing w/ them. </p>

<p>Teacher Recs: better than great</p>

<p>Counselor Rec: great</p>

<p>School Type: Private, does not rank </p>

<p>Ethnicity: Hispanic</p>

<p>Gender:M</p>

<p>Also: Took 2 summer courses at a local comm. college- pysch and creative writing, both got A's. and i also got 4 academic awards (not sure if it means much, but what the hell)</p>

<p>thanks alot</p>

<p>ur automatically in, aff. action, good grades, good prep, amazing test scores</p>

<p>mos def.</p>

<p>Does AA really help that much? lol, sorry i'm new at this</p>

<p>You can check the freshman admissions chart under undergraduate admissions on the UW website-Test score/gpa puts you in the 70% range, a gpa of 3.6 would bump you into the 90% category. Your other stats are a plus. Apply.</p>

<p>does wisconsin use holistic admissions?
and does AA really boost you up like .2 or .3 on your gpa/100 points on your test scores or is that a myth?</p>

<p>Yes, yes. You might look into the Chancellor's Scholarships.</p>

<p>here are some of my stats, i was accepted as soon as my application got through (if its the same next year as it was this year expect a long wait, i waited around 13-14 weeks)</p>

<p>act - 30
sat - not submitted
APs - Microeconomics 4 Macroeconomics 4 Bio - 3
GPA - 3.49 NW, at a prep school in milwaukee (in state obviously)
EC's - camp counselor, leadership training (3 years), summer jobs, Captain of the Rugby Team, Social responsibility homeroom, alot of service throughout the year (mandatory at my school)
and heres the kicker.... hispanic</p>

<p>very confident that you are going to get in, glad to see your thinking about thinking about wisconsin</p>

<p>so AA for hispanics helps that much eh..nice </p>

<p>hah</p>

<p>Info</p>

<p>UW-Madison</a> Honors Programs > scholarship</p>